Forums

Gold Phat: End to Begging?

Quick find code: 17-18-430-66237125

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,172 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sea King said :
I haven't seen a single beggar in w2 since the event began a few days ago.

I have and they are still about. :P

Just because they are or could be grinding at skills for shards does not mean they have stopped begging.

Begging has been a huge part of RS since day 1. I still remember giving someone 5k way back when I started. I give nothing to beggers these days as many are wearing Party Hats and Santas lol. They still beg and people still give them millions.

The old days people would dance for money and you got a show. Nowadays they just beg or say " First to give me X gp won't regret it " this falls under scamming too so can be reported. Especially the lvl 3's. You know who they are. :P

So as far as begging goes some beg to make ends meet and some beg to make more cash. It's not going to stop because of a Gold Party Hat.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

27-Nov-2021 10:49:27

PepeAngilo

PepeAngilo

Posts: 84 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Or maybe instead of focusing on a non-problem, you can stop spending 99.9% of your time in the Grand Exchange and actually play the game? I don't know, but does not seem like a problem when skilling to me. And from pvm videos I gather there are not too many beggars (sarcasm) in soloing Araxxor or Raids.

Lol the problems you see are a reflection of your "superiority". Maybe go outside the house for once.

27-Nov-2021 16:11:44

Lumbys Hero
Nov Member 2014

Lumbys Hero

Posts: 2,005 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
LMFAO I had to come back and post on here... Just had a guy begging with the gold phat on his head. I told him to sell it and by good gear for 500 mill. He said "It will rise"... FML...

- Hero
RS
CLASSIC
VET
|
THREE
Round
COMBAT
|
STAKING
In
L.U.M.B.Y
|
TANK
Mages
DRANNER WALL

27-Nov-2021 19:58:33

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Posts: 7,492 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lumbys Hero said :
LMFAO I had to come back and post on here... Just had a guy begging with the gold phat on his head. I told him to sell it and by good gear for 500 mill. He said "It will rise"... FML...

- Hero

That's so funny. I was thinking of beggars who really needed money to buy some virtus or dual ascensions. I guess it's greed, which has no end for some people.

Still, gold partyhat should cure the need to beg for the people who are actually poor. I got my gold phat by playing for like 20 hours. If you can't put in 20 hours over the course of 6 weeks during the holiday season, then that's on you.
If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

28-Nov-2021 00:09:15

emotions
Jun Member 2019

emotions

Posts: 14,456 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PepeAngilo said :
Or maybe instead of focusing on a non-problem, you can stop spending 99.9% of your time in the Grand Exchange and actually play the game? I don't know, but does not seem like a problem when skilling to me. And from pvm videos I gather there are not too many beggars (sarcasm) in soloing Araxxor or Raids.

Lol the problems you see are a reflection of your "superiority". Maybe go outside the house for once.

Haha. I feel extremely out of place here!! :O

Maybe that is true for some of them sure..but can't be all!?.But isn't that world to buy and sell stuff too? I was thinking of stuff because of the GE item limit.

But you know I will say this. If the 'typical' reply to botting is to ignore, report and move on. Let's just ignore beggars too.

I too never encountered a beggar because 1). I'm never loitering around the GE, 2). Not rich,3). When you display your wealth,expect to be begged. It comes with the territory.

Begging will always occur even if you rich. It's sort of ironic begging with a party hat on even lol. If you want to get rid of begging, destroy the core. Example, many many years ago there was a trade limit of gold. I know this was horrible, but that happened in the past!!
“We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one”

28-Nov-2021 08:39:34

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The way to cure begging is to end safe deaths.

Then beggars would just hang around pvm hot spots.
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

28-Nov-2021 09:08:19

Quick find code: 17-18-430-66237125 Back to Top