Forums

Tome of frost upgrade

Quick find code: 17-18-358-66254012

Chained mind
Sep Member 2023

Chained mind

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There's definitely going to be agreements and disagreements here, But for the sake of how expensive mage is to even use right now give an upgrade to the Tome of Frost in the dungeoneering shop and up it to t85 stats or give it 2 upgrades from its current tier to t65 then to tier 85 or even 88.

This will tank the water rune prices but make magic price ever so slightly more bearable.

as of the time of creating this thread

water runes - 176 gp each

Blood runes - 1010 gp each

Soul runes - 4324 gp each

Incite fear per cast = 8,104 gp per cast

We put Fsoa (Fractured staff of armadyl) spec ontop of this with each and every critical hit sending out an auto attack, You will already have spent 80k+ gp in less than 20 seconds of game play.

Incite fear eats up so much water runes its actually insane. But such a crazy spell to have for tsunami.

26-May-2022 09:02:03

Raphtalia6
Oct Member 2017

Raphtalia6

Posts: 1,134 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
tbh if someone can afford a 4-6b staff then the runes shouldnt be such a problem, i like the idea but i think it could only be an upgrade to max level 80. otherwise other items will lose their value because you can get a better item for dung tokens which is free basicly. also the other dung items are level 80 too so it would be weird to push 1 dung item and leave the rest alone.

the fsoa is really powerfull but not necessary for every boss, so i recommend to use it in combo with the spells only if you cant defeat it without them if money is an issue. you could for example buy the chaotic staff which is also for dung tokens. or if you have a budget buy the staff of sliske which is really cheap and has really good stats, for example fsoa makes ed2 easier to deal with. but i can do it with a staff of sliske too. like a colleague of mine says, money wise, pound crazy, why spend 5b on a staff if you cant buy 80k gp on runes.
trusting certain pc lists or prices of items or websites that dont belong to jagex will get you into trouble notice: external websites and trades are your responsibility, dont get fooled!.

26-May-2022 09:42:40

Glory Shaun

Glory Shaun

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello my dear friends,

Yes I 100% agree. I have been grinding a lot and I cant afford mage. It has forced me to stick to ranged but I am unhappy with myself as I am a born mager. When people ask me about it, I am very reticent to reveal my true desires and I always defer to myself enjoying ranged very much. But with this Tome of Frost upgrade I can finally get a little feel for maging. I'm an avid ed3 trash runner. I feel like I have the necessary skills and passion to move forward with my mage journey. I really hope Jagex takes notice of my concern. It's not too much to ask. Pleass Jagex, it will save lives. I have the necessary tokens to spend.

Also, I am a low level pvmer/noob so I cant afford a fsoa for myself. And looking at all my friends who have it I feel desperate and sorrowful. I do not pity myself much but it is hard not having an fsoa. I have to get the wand of cywir and use that instead but its the poor man's fsoa. I also have to spend extra on runes. Oh god when will it stop, i dont have money for runes please no. Please tome of frost will help me. I cannot afford runes as all my gp is spent on food and saradomin brews, restores and overloads and I die atleast 7 times to every boss. This is not fair. I want a little sunshine. I want sunlight at the end of the cave. This is a long cave. As the people of gielinor we have to act. Make it happen. Im sure we all will follow through.

Thank you. Have a great day!
Please consider this request. its from the bottom of my heart, the part I gave no one but YOU.

You got a friend in me,
Glory Shaun

26-May-2022 10:00:43

Chained mind
Sep Member 2023

Chained mind

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chaotics have long been collecting dust.

You can try and bring them to light but the level 80 dungeoneering requirement along side the combat style requirement in itself pushes them out of the picture.

Players are going to look to rush and level up quick this is when they look up guides and then they find a bunch of videos on Elite dungeons (The Shadow Reef) what do they do from there? They will go try it out and keep going until they hit 80 combat stats just to see that they can get chaotics but then only to find out they also require 80 dungeoneering. At this rate chaotic staff is already out of the picture on its own because of the level 80 requirement. Elite dungeons doesn't give a lot of DG xp but will get you to about 40-50 dungeoneering, You still have to grind another 30-20 levels for 80 and by then your combat stats will be 90+. That's if you start running elite dungeons right after you get 40 magic.

By the time the player gets 80 dungeoneering their magic level will be beyond 90+ because they've seen that Elite dungeons is insane xp p/hr and is also really good gp p/hr they're not going to stop running EDs to run Dungeoneering floors only to lose out on making gp.

Just have to ask yourself:
Would you rather just get XP and tokens
OR
Would you rather get XP and tokens + also making gp and you don't have to worry about collecting loot the entire time.

Every time I look at this I want to make gp at the same time as leveling up.

You also will not hit 80 magic at the same time you hit 80 dungeoneering. You're most likely to hit 80 magic way before you look to get 80 DG.

Regardless of how I look at this choatics have been pushed out of the picture long ago with the new weaponry.

There's also the question why go for chaotic staff when you can level up to 82 and get a limitless staff that'll provide you with infinite runes depending on the staff?

26-May-2022 12:57:01 - Last edited on 26-May-2022 12:58:51 by Chained mind

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
tl; dr; dont even know what incite fear is.

But I support. Down with the water runecrafters’ guild.
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

27-May-2022 12:38:57

Quick find code: 17-18-358-66254012 Back to Top