Forums

Staff of Sliske

Quick find code: 17-18-329-66223521

Raphtalia6
Oct Member 2017

Raphtalia6

Posts: 1,134 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
its crashing because the new staff is better in both stats and special. its probs gonna drop more tbh. trusting certain pc lists or prices of items or websites that dont belong to jagex will get you into trouble notice: external websites and trades are your responsibility, dont get fooled!.

28-Jul-2021 23:18:55

Radyi
Jun Member 2010

Radyi

Posts: 2,036 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
SoS is worse than the inquisitor staff at bosses where you can even mage, doesnt have access to gconc, has a useless special attack and SOA is bis (good special and t95). Its really niche now (if you cant afford SOA and primarily mage), hopefully jagex makes an update to its special so its on par with SGB/ZGS at least so it isnt just a dead content item. Mass contributor to deaths coffers.

29-Jul-2021 02:04:03

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It looks cool at least.

The spec could be useful against a boss with very high defence. So, you might be ranging, equip a staff, use the spec, and then switch back to ranged. I'm just guessing, don't leave ge lately.
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

29-Jul-2021 17:13:57

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I guess if a boss has very high def, you'd want a spec that lowers that def, usually. So, maybe the SoS is purely cosmetic and poverty-level staff now. I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

29-Jul-2021 17:29:33

Raphtalia6
Oct Member 2017

Raphtalia6

Posts: 1,134 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2-Face187 said :
Given it’s low price and high stats, would it be worth buying?

Yes and no, its a decent price but it might drop more. but it could also rise. so it depends if you got the money for it and you want to buy it over the new tier95 staff.
trusting certain pc lists or prices of items or websites that dont belong to jagex will get you into trouble notice: external websites and trades are your responsibility, dont get fooled!.

29-Jul-2021 22:26:10

Radyi
Jun Member 2010

Radyi

Posts: 2,036 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2-Face187 said :

It is almost the same as a nox staff so its a minor upgrade if you want to 4taa on bosses which inquisitor does not work. IMO better off getting seismics + gconc + nox than SOS atm. (jagex also have mentioned they have no plans to change it atm, which is kinda dumb seeing as how SGB/ZGS are quite useful)
Mass contributor to deaths coffers.

30-Jul-2021 03:49:38

Conner 4Real
Jun Member 2019

Conner 4Real

Posts: 265 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Radyi said :
2-Face187 said :

It is almost the same as a nox staff so its a minor upgrade if you want to 4taa on bosses which inquisitor does not work. IMO better off getting seismics + gconc + nox than SOS atm. (jagex also have mentioned they have no plans to change it atm, which is kinda dumb seeing as how SGB/ZGS are quite useful)

Not to mention upgrading to T99 prayer is a bigger DPS increase than T90->T92 staff (albeit a more expensive and perma gp loss upgrade which feels bad to players with smaller banks).

Edit: also people struggling with the decision to upgrade based on cost are probably not the same people that are 4tAA bosses.

30-Jul-2021 06:23:59 - Last edited on 30-Jul-2021 06:26:06 by Conner 4Real

Quick find code: 17-18-329-66223521 Back to Top