Staff of Sliske

Quick find code: 17-18-329-66223521

Sea King
Oct Member 2019

Sea King

Posts: 7,492 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Trip180 said :
What are 4tAA bosses?

They are stronger bosses than 4tA bosses.
If you are willing to chuck your most precious possessions like phats because someone said words like crashing/dying/quitting and then find yourself unable to rebuy for what you sold for, then you don't deserve to own a phat.

30-Jul-2021 13:58:01

panicsell
May Member 2019

panicsell

Posts: 1,774 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Not much harm in buying it and playing around with it tbh. It always has resell value and will maintain a good chunk of it's price due to orb sets having a value with sgb/zgs prices.

Worst case, it drops, people stop making sos's all together, people still buy them, price eventually comes up again due to reduced volume and price rebounds so will never be a terrible investment.

All of this said, would I buy one? Probably not, I'd sooner just get an inquisitor's and use a nox staff where inquisitor's doesn't work or something for a similar cost overall to the SoS. Raydi's suggestion of seismics with gconc + nox staff also wasn't a bad shout but seismics are super expensive right now. I couldn't buy a wand for 106 and just bought a singularity for 322 so maybe get cywir orb for time being until sing goes down again?

30-Jul-2021 19:05:27

Radyi
Jun Member 2010

Radyi

Posts: 2,036 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
panicsell said :
Not much harm in buying it and playing around with it tbh. It always has resell value and will maintain a good chunk of it's price due to orb sets having a value with sgb/zgs prices.

Worst case, it drops, people stop making sos's all together, people still buy them, price eventually comes up again due to reduced volume and price rebounds so will never be a terrible investment.

All of this said, would I buy one? Probably not, I'd sooner just get an inquisitor's and use a nox staff where inquisitor's doesn't work or something for a similar cost overall to the SoS. Raydi's suggestion of seismics with gconc + nox staff also wasn't a bad shout but seismics are super expensive right now. I couldn't buy a wand for 106 and just bought a singularity for 322 so maybe get cywir orb for time being until sing goes down again?

Another option is using ports weapons (can be upgraded to t88) if you have lots of ports progress.
Mass contributor to deaths coffers.

31-Jul-2021 04:53:41

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
no dont do it.

inq staff is... kinda free, and it always works!

hex trash cause enemies will be affinity weak to bolt or throw and womp womp hex no change.

terrasaur maul trash cause enemies will be affinity weak to slash or stab. womp womp.

inq staff? oh are they affinity weak to water. change to water
surge
(NOT WAVE OMG ITS CATALYTICALLY TIER 97 WITH LOW CHARGE DRAIN AND LESS RUNES TOO!? YUP) so just win win all day if you felt like maging, and 1 of 3 pieces 100% free doing arch, and if you go to 200m arch xp probably get 2 of 3 pc free, so inq staff is -all- those many good things for like 120m ish.

TIER 97 DAMAGE FREE.

if you wanted to argue that cost of eof guth -2 affinity too much okay fine then WEAR THE FREE DRAGON BREATH NECKLACE

PAID GAMERS got SOA nerfed twice already* and its got adrenaline costs that outstrip its utility. its a niche thing for leet feat paid gamers to make vids with who are like... still on the fence not sure if they should use the lotd relic. pfffft. right!? cause if you cant hold it in hand and make it glow at bank then... hrm. you must be a paying gamer not a paid gamer.

choose wisely.

* AND PAID GAMERS GOT THE BOSS PET DROP RATE NERFED TOO SOOO EARLY WHILE I WAS DOING LORE THANKS YALL SOOOO MUCH.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

05-Aug-2021 16:10:38

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
J R Kerr said :
AND PAID GAMERS GOT THE BOSS PET DROP RATE NERFED TOO SOOO EARLY WHILE I WAS DOING LORE THANKS YALL SOOOO MUCH.
Would be a nice pet.
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

05-Aug-2021 21:37:17

Quick find code: 17-18-329-66223521 Back to Top