Forums

Question on Dark Bows

Quick find code: 17-18-221-66250442

IceParanoia

IceParanoia

Posts: 31 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello everyone... I had a question about the way dark bow works.

As I am aware... dark bows fire two arrows at once, due to this reason, if a monster is at low hp, you get exp past what your hit is displayed as when using a dark bow, as if you hit for full damage to the monster past its remaining hp. I was wondering if this effect is still available on this bow, and would it make it more viable for training on sand crabs than mithril darts/magic short i with rune arrows? Perhaps with rune arrows as well... to compare.

08-Apr-2022 22:43:27

Trip180

Trip180

Posts: 16,702 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I never knew this! The only way to know for certain is to test it.

I expect your best xp/hr will be with a higher tier bow.

I really enjoy dag king slayer assignments. I haven't done any combat in game for like 6months, maybe longer, but the River of Blood quest opens you to fighting with the Sunspear (ranged).

It seems like you want to cremate 500 vyre corpses (can't use sunspear for this) and get Morytania legs first.

I think House Drakan outfit is what you wear in part also. I haven't done this in awhile. Anyway, it's great, also gives prayer xp. Great money, fairly afk. Just great all around. Win, win.
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

09-Apr-2022 05:36:08 - Last edited on 09-Apr-2022 05:36:45 by Trip180

Trip180

Trip180

Apparently, 500 corpses do improve the Sunspear. So... I need to do that. Can't use Sunspear to gather them. I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

09-Apr-2022 06:23:39

Trip180

Trip180

I just gathered the remainder of 500 quite easily. You want hybrid armour to do it, with a blisterwood polearm.

A flask and overload potion are good, unicorn also. And something to gather uncut gems, alching runes.

The corpses stack.

When done, teleport with the invitation box (click it once then again after the first tele) to near the place where you cremate the corpses. You need to buy the best pyre logs from the ge, or I did anyway.

After all that, sunspear for ranging is good. Again, you want hybrid armour and morytania legs.
I cannot for the life of me manage to catch Covid. Perhaps it's because I didn't get vaxxed? The travails of those lacking immunity. :(

09-Apr-2022 09:10:22

Raphtalia6
Oct Member 2017

Raphtalia6

Posts: 1,134 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
what i know is the following: you get exp based on the hp of the monster your fighting, the higher its hp, the more exp.

i never knew it could go past that cap (hp-exp cap). so im really curious if it actually goes past that cap.
trusting certain pc lists or prices of items or websites that dont belong to jagex will get you into trouble notice: external websites and trades are your responsibility, dont get fooled!.

09-Apr-2022 09:55:16

Quick find code: 17-18-221-66250442 Back to Top