Forums

Double Exp week

Quick find code: 16-17-974-66280155

LegaciElite
Mar Member 2023

LegaciElite

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
While I am happy to see there is a double exp event coming up I am a bit disappointed to see that members gain 100% exp and nonmembers will only gain a 20% exp bonus. I think it would be more fair for everyone to gain an extra base 100% exp , if members receive a bonus I would suggest it be 50% instead of the suggested 80% increase over the nonmembers ,who will actually need more help leveling since they have less access to higher experience training, although members do have an increased number of skills and may need the exp to train. The way it was advertising would be Very disappointing for any nonmembers. ( I want to get double exp on my nonmember alt ).

16-May-2023 02:21:59 - Last edited on 18-May-2023 19:59:01 by LegaciElite

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,647 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No support to nerfing members dxp rate and buffing f2p dxp rate. It's 20% to keep f2p xp from getting too close to members. The current rates have been fine for years. Members would be angry if you nerfed our dxp %. These dxp events always bring back a decent population, imagine that amount being cut by a sizable amount and therefore making jagex losing money if the dxp was 150%. Jagex wouldn't like it and neither would members. We don't want to go back to how dxp was like originally.

16-May-2023 10:27:27

emotions
Jun Member 2019

emotions

Posts: 14,413 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it would be nice for non mems to have an opportunity too. But, maybe this acts as an incentive for people to become members in the first place. Free players have limited benefits in the skills right so you can't raise divination past X because it's just a trial run to perhaps get a membership. In the same manner, 20% is a trial run incentive for you to get the membership.

Ideally I support free players to get the same benefits . And also xp is easy to get now whether there's only 20% or not..just slower I guess.

And I'm surprised there's another 0_o...hardly used my double XP last time round. I love xp wastage XD.
“We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one”

16-May-2023 18:49:56

LegaciElite
Mar Member 2023

LegaciElite

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Runescape double exp has always been double exp for everyone as far as I know , to advertise it as double exp and say ( only for members ) is misleading and it isnt the way it used to be . 2x exp should be 2x simply put . @ Jeremy 250% total exp but 150 % bonus that should have been simple enough to understand.

18-May-2023 20:01:34

Igerna
Jan Member 2023

Igerna

Posts: 7,885 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
noninie said :
I have mixed feelings about non-members getting anything.

In this case, I agree.

I mean, it's obvious nearly everything in F2P is designed to slowly improve the need of players to become P2P: skills, quests, minigames, events and a long et cetera. From that perspective, I wouldn't support F2P getting the same DXP Live rates than members, since P2P players bought their right to access more content. It is what it is.

On the other hand, some skills in F2P are a pain in the jacksit to level. Prayer and Runecrafting comes to mind. I even struggle with both in P2P :P

Perhaps free players could get 50% xp bonus in those and the rest 20%?
Leveling +110 all skills and completing stuff here and there

19-May-2023 15:53:44

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Personally, I am impartial as to give free players more DXP benefits.

However, as long as RS3 keeps having the big success in getting large percentage of free players to buy membership, I don't see them changing anything any time soon. :)

19-May-2023 21:41:51

Quick find code: 16-17-974-66280155 Back to Top