Forums

September Raffle 2020 Thread is locked

Quick find code: 16-17-880-66176547

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,647 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Any updates on if the Balthazar's Big Raffle is happening in September? Are there any QOL changes to the raffle this year, if it's in fact happening? Will Jagex increase the minimum total level again this year? Any new prizes, like the Golden Tuska or Seren Warpriest I've always wanted? Finally, does anyone know what happens if someone has every single golden item and enters this year's golden raffles? Do they get a choice of what golden they want to win or is it still random? Are people with every single golden item even allowed to enter golden days?

Thanks for all answers.

23-Aug-2020 04:29:43

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ironpariah said :
Likely chance they bring it back since they just seem to be reactivating any past events to maintain the illusion of content.

There is no illusion. The Raffle among other live events like Postie Pete are never touted by the content development teams. They are live-op updates and usually you don't get the information when they will be run too far ahead of time.

Raffle may come this year, and it may not. It is anybody's guess now AFAIK.

24-Aug-2020 20:32:37

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am), but isn't Jagex usually quiet about the Raffle until the week it starts? Especially since Monday's update will happen on the last day of August, I won't be the least bit surprised if they spring it on us then.

25-Aug-2020 23:40:05

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, unfortunately, this does cast the likelihood of the raffle returning this year into doubt. From what I can tell, if it does happen this year it'll be the latest start in its history.

I know that, at least in the past two years, the Raffle was the center of a lot of controversy so I wonder if Jagex decided that it was more trouble than it's worth?

02-Sep-2020 14:05:23

JorisCeoen
Sep Member 2017

JorisCeoen

Posts: 209 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vengeance of said :
Yes, unfortunately, this does cast the likelihood of the raffle returning this year into doubt. From what I can tell, if it does happen this year it'll be the latest start in its history.

I know that, at least in the past two years, the Raffle was the center of a lot of controversy so I wonder if Jagex decided that it was more trouble than it's worth?
I literally ony have an active subscription for the raffle. It's one of the highpoints of the year for me. If it ceases to exist, then there might just be nothing left to look forward to any longer (and I'll have to decline my membership as a result).

It's also a bit sad, because with the Covid-19 situation so many things are already cancelled and gone. This at least made september a great event to make you return to every single day of that month. I'm hoping to see it return soon.

03-Sep-2020 01:55:22 - Last edited on 03-Sep-2020 01:55:53 by JorisCeoen

Quick find code: 16-17-880-66176547 Back to Top