Forums

Keep xmas items discontinued

Quick find code: 16-17-835-66184869

Valiere
Nov Member 2022

Valiere

Posts: 45 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I prefer if they release old items again as well as new items. They're intended to be fun flavor items not rares which can be flipped. Old items like santas and partyhats were discontinued and never brought back because of their extensive history with the early rendition of runescape as well as how everyone holds those items as special. A christmas jumper token, and more generally a token that is made untradable after usage, is not the equivalent of santa hats or party hats.

21-Oct-2020 21:44:46 - Last edited on 21-Oct-2020 21:46:11 by Valiere

KILLpavlosog
Dec Member 2023

KILLpavlosog

Posts: 4,699 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Valiere said :
I prefer if they release old items again as well as new items. They're intended to be fun flavor items not rares which can be flipped. Old items like santas and partyhats were discontinued and never brought back because of their extensive history with the early rendition of runescape as well as how everyone holds those items as special. A christmas jumper token, and more generally a token that is made untradable after usage, is not the equivalent of santa hats or party hats.

Why shouldn't it be more expensive than a party hat? I never liked the idea of phats because they are a scammer item, and the players that have them have either traded in real life money to obtain one, scammed it off an innocent player, or been lucky enough to be less than 1% of RS population where they could play the game to earn one with in-game wealth. This game is littered with scammers. Phats will always be a NO GO for me because they are 100% a scammer item.
Best wishes to all.
Jagex declared WAR on April 2nd, 2012 by implementing MTX.

21-Oct-2020 23:42:25 - Last edited on 21-Oct-2020 23:47:14 by KILLpavlosog

keggyyy

keggyyy

Posts: 1,602 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Valiere said :

Who cares if ppl profit off them. Ppl don't give a damn about a token worth 200k after consuming it because it has no value. It's nice for them to be discontinued to show off wealth of the consumed token. Tokens like zombie walk assassin walk and plague walk have already been discontinued for a long time now. All the tokens I have consumed under 1m I don't bother looking at because they are pointless.

22-Oct-2020 11:20:19 - Last edited on 22-Oct-2020 11:21:24 by keggyyy

ELITE STACK
Mar Member 2014

ELITE STACK

Posts: 8,082 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Many tokens now are worth 500m+ and average wealth of a player today is 2b-5b so if we have more discontinued tokens they can use up that gp to find something to spend on. People don't only consume tokens just for the looks. I need my blue charms back.

22-Oct-2020 11:31:09

XSlay4DeathX
Mar Member 2007

XSlay4DeathX

Posts: 2,634 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ELITE STACK said :
Many tokens now are worth 500m+ and average wealth of a player today is 2b-5b so if we have more discontinued tokens they can use up that gp to find something to spend on.
People don't only consume tokens just for the looks.

Indeed, used as a currency that is why new discontinued items are bad. i'm fine with the old ones tho(no i don't own any, never valued them worth a purchase vs other things i needed i'm not being biased.)

No Support

29-Oct-2020 14:43:52

ELITE STACK
Mar Member 2014

ELITE STACK

Posts: 8,082 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
XSlay4DeathX said :
ELITE STACK said :
Many tokens now are worth 500m+ and average wealth of a player today is 2b-5b so if we have more discontinued tokens they can use up that gp to find something to spend on.
People don't only consume tokens just for the looks.

Indeed, used as a currency that is why new discontinued items are bad. i'm fine with the old ones tho(no i don't own any, never valued them worth a purchase vs other things i needed i'm not being biased.)

No Support

Too many players have alot of gp and need something to spend on so why not? I have a gem sack unlocked and use as an override if it was worthless and everyone had 1 I would not use it anymore.
I need my blue charms back.

30-Oct-2020 00:35:02

Quick find code: 16-17-835-66184869 Back to Top