Forums

Effigies Monthly DnD

Quick find code: 16-17-83-66179562

Ekimike
Feb Member 2018

Ekimike

Posts: 345 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This sounds like a 6/10 update.

As someone who is maxed (99s) and going for 120s, this is semi-appealing. However, what would be more appealing is if, instead of constantly making all non-combat skill updates about gaining experience, actually making them about fun content. Like, stuff that is engaging and makes skills more varied, instead of just one more thing that gets your exp, but doing the same things (same as the Brooch of the Gods update - more exp, but no new ways of doing anything).

08-Sep-2020 18:18:39

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aren't Relics, Totems and Anachronia Base Camp, etc giving us a lot of boons and perks and not xp already?

Penguins will give us new non-xp based rewards starting next week.

Irwinsson's Hunter Shop is obviously giving us a lot of non-xp goodies including dino eggs, Elite Trapper outfits and perks to hunting.

Herby Werby gives us an invaluable Herb Bag.

Don't forget Effigy Incubator also boosts the usefulness of Brooch of the Gods.

There are plenty of non-xp based items, perks and boons from recent and future skilling updates already.

08-Sep-2020 18:39:35 - Last edited on 08-Sep-2020 18:40:15 by Dilbert2001

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's also worth noting that the D&D is also going to be lore-relevant; it sounds like, at least for the first few months, we're going to be uncovering new information about the Dragonkin every time we complete the D&D, so it's not just a new monthly dump of XP.

09-Sep-2020 02:16:00

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Vengeance of said :
It's also worth noting that the D&D is also going to be lore-relevant; it sounds like, at least for the first few months, we're going to be uncovering new information about the Dragonkin every time we complete the D&D, so it's not just a new monthly dump of XP.

Yes, they said they are working on more Dragonkin lore, and the 6 or 7 big projects they are working on now are inter-related. We should probably see more about the other 3 tribes of Dragonkin and perhaps Kerapac's son too.

It won't surprise me the new boss is an Ancient Dragonkin.

Good lore is non-xp based reward already. Everybody loves a good story. :)

09-Sep-2020 02:58:22 - Last edited on 09-Sep-2020 02:58:48 by Dilbert2001

8InchDagger
Jan Member 2005

8InchDagger

Posts: 729 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks to the video I feel less informed than when I read the news article.

My key take-away: I should avoid all 4 skills in a set where I have 200M XP in one of the skills.

0.....I.....1.....I.....2.....I.....3.....I.....4.....I.....5.....I.....6.....I.....7.....I.....8

09-Sep-2020 09:08:51

Hispid Gnome
Nov Member 2011

Hispid Gnome

Posts: 1,115 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
would be nice if they fixed the bug in the quest that makes some ppl crash when they try to enter the cut scene meaning they can't complete the quest.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

09-Sep-2020 13:27:56

Ekimike
Feb Member 2018

Ekimike

Posts: 345 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
Aren't Relics, Totems and Anachronia Base Camp, etc giving us a lot of boons and perks and not xp already?

Penguins will give us new non-xp based rewards starting next week.

Irwinsson's Hunter Shop is obviously giving us a lot of non-xp goodies including dino eggs, Elite Trapper outfits and perks to hunting.

Herby Werby gives us an invaluable Herb Bag.

Don't forget Effigy Incubator also boosts the usefulness of Brooch of the Gods.

There are plenty of non-xp based items, perks and boons from recent and future skilling updates already.

Not sure how Anachronia fits into this, since its an entire skill and should actually provide value outside of exp, so no points there - also, the highest archeology perks available are all about exp boosts. So, you finally get to 120, and yay, slight exp boost to other skills - lame.

Updated penguins are not here yet, so we shall see.

The Hunter shop does have some goodies, if you grind out a few hours at a time for a 1-2mil reward...not exactly ground breaking in terms of non-PVM money making. And the outfit is mostly for better exp rates. BGH was indeed a nice change to hunter and is exactly the kind of update I want to see for skilling - new ways to do stuff that is interesting.

The herb bag is not useful because a) it only holds 50 grimy herbs and b) the farmers note everything anyways - and it is not useful when combined with the farming/master farming cape because the bag only works on grimy herbs.

Effigy incubator (EXP boost) provides boost to Brooch (EXP boost) = just more exp.

I am not saying that every single update is always about pure exp, but the majority of recent updates have been - brooch, changes to portables, addition of construction portable (thank god for that one though), upcoming DnD...

I am still excited for an update, and I hope the lore aspect of the DnD is fun.

09-Sep-2020 17:19:03 - Last edited on 09-Sep-2020 17:22:48 by Ekimike

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

@Ekimike

"Not sure how Anachronia fits into this, since its an entire skill and should actually provide value outside of exp, so no points there"

Do you mean Archaeology instead of Anachronia as Anachronia is definitely not a skill?

Herb bag is certainly very useful, especially when herbs are not dropped noted most of the time. Farmers don't note everything if you are talking about loot from harvesting and the Leprechaun noted them. There are requirements to get to that point too.

You totally overlooked the changes to portables also included more bonus to extra portions, which are certainly not just xp.

09-Sep-2020 17:53:55

Quick find code: 16-17-83-66179562 Back to Top