Forums

Christmas 2020 event Thread is locked

Quick find code: 16-17-765-66154536

Destruction

Destruction

Posts: 63,021 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey everyone.

What do you think, will Jagex make more events so players could obtain rare tradeable items that will become discontinued after the event?

Similar to Holly Wreath, Black Santa Hat and Christmas Scythe as second or new generation rares that would be very limited in numbers.

Is it possible to do that this year and what is your stance about all this, let's say adding ''White Santa Hat'' or something like that.

I think Jagex would also make a lot more money during the event because there would be a chance to get more ''snow'' or something on Treasure Hunter and a lot of players would pay for that i'm sure and the event would be more fun this way.

Cheers everyone and thank you for reading.
The action or process of causing so much damage to something that it no longer exists or cannot be repaired.

19-Apr-2020 19:25:58 - Last edited on 19-Apr-2020 19:28:25 by Destruction

Snow Cat123
Sep Member 2014

Snow Cat123

Posts: 798 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I believe they wanted to stop doing this as of how the partyhats and black santa hats messed up the economy, hence why they do the same stupid fragment events with stupid cosmetic rewards.

Like what happened to the santa that you actually had to do a mini quest for because of something?

Or when we got to build snowmen with dragon full helms?

22-Apr-2020 03:12:13

RoseLancelot

RoseLancelot

Posts: 163 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The 2020 event is not good. I would rather have repeated an event from a previous year than to have done either the Christmas cracker activity or the Knight Before Santa -- which is actually just Jagex trying to get everyone to buy Premiere so they can get rewards for following a list that has nothing whatsoever to do with the Christmas.

The cracker activity is lame beyond words. I collected the paper and added it to the cracker...a couple of hours ago. It has only gone from 40-60 percent to 60-80 percent. Most people gave up waiting and left, as did I. I'm not even going to bother saving the paper or running to the GE unless I have to go there anyways. The rewards are no better than you get from daily challenges and nobody has 4 or so hours to wait there to get them. If you aren't there when the cracker is complete you get nothing.

The advent calendar is great of course...but it wasn't that hard to give people who pay for a membership something back. Seriously, this game has declined considerably and it is just about money for them -- if the developers still played the game they would know this event was crap and we would see an update like tomorrow. I had just come back a couple of months ago and I can honestly say that I'm paying more to get less so it's not worth it. I won't renew.

15-Dec-2020 23:38:23

RoseLancelot

RoseLancelot

Posts: 163 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Snow Cat123 said :
I believe they wanted to stop doing this as of how the partyhats and black santa hats messed up the economy, hence why they do the same stupid fragment events with stupid cosmetic rewards.

Like what happened to the santa that you actually had to do a mini quest for because of something?

Or when we got to build snowmen with dragon full helms?

I understand about the P hats, but we've had many events since then that the rewards were untradeable. Even the snowballs were worth keeping.

15-Dec-2020 23:39:56

Quick find code: 16-17-765-66154536 Back to Top