Dig Deep War the secret update

Quick find code: 16-17-697-66158963

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Deltaslug said :
Archaeology themed activity I guess.

It is most definitely Archaeology themed but what activities?

The name of it suggested GWD3 but last time when they talked about GWD3, they said it would be released in Summer or Fall, not Spring.

09-May-2020 23:37:38

GhostlyBard

GhostlyBard

Posts: 4,332 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Deltaslug said :

Archeology themed currency collection mtx event, with two tracks one to unlock an old armour set cosmetic, and one to unlock a more peaceful archeology skilling set cosmetic.
With the usual golden tools mechanic so you can buy bonus archeology experience whilst participating.

Because Jagex are daft and do daft things to annoy the player base, but we like them anyway for some reason.

At a guess.
Check out Thieves guild layout redesign. Happy ‘scaping

10-May-2020 10:24:24 - Last edited on 10-May-2020 10:24:50 by GhostlyBard

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

GhostlyBard said :
Deltaslug said :

Archeology themed currency collection mtx event, with two tracks one to unlock an old armour set cosmetic, and one to unlock a more peaceful archeology skilling set cosmetic.
With the usual golden tools mechanic so you can buy bonus archeology experience whilst participating.

Because Jagex are daft and do daft things to annoy the player base, but we like them anyway for some reason.

At a guess.

Why is it called Dig Deep War then? It may be some live events and if so it sounds more like some competitive or e-sport-wannabe events like:

LIVE man mode - you can pay to win with bonds to beat up all the lowbies, raid their banks for their 10 best items, and also win some IRL cash or prizes on top of in game cosmetic items too!!!

10-May-2020 17:26:40

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

GhostlyBard said :
I don’t know, you asked for speculations so I gave you some guesses.

OK. Perhaps when you find some Jagex released info to support your speculations that Dig Deep War is an "Archeology themed currency collection mtx event", you can share with us then.

Meanwhile, the "War" in "Dig Deep War" makes me think it may be some competitive instead of currency collection event.

11-May-2020 01:36:04

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

GhostlyBard said :
So... War could be the ‘War’ from wars retreat, a character whose been involved in mtx shenanigans already.

Or the big high ‘War’ god whose also had mtx content.

Why focus on one word anyway? ‘Dig’ & ‘Deep’ could be equally as relevant.

I don't see where MTX shows up in War's Retreat. Neither did MTX have anything to do with Big High War God who was around before 2007.

Sure "Dig Deep" could be a very relevant hint to this new update as I mentioned in Post 3 of this thread.

What do we "dig deep" for... perhaps a DUNGEON.

Dig Deep War... Dungeon War... War Dungeon.... God War Dungeon... ;)

11-May-2020 15:50:21 - Last edited on 11-May-2020 17:05:31 by Dilbert2001

Quick find code: 16-17-697-66158963 Back to Top