Forums

Dig Deep War the secret update

Quick find code: 16-17-697-66158963

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
GhostlyBard said :
War was involved in a Halloween mtx and Bandos had some minor mtx content. God wars dungeon 2 also had some mtx prior to its release, so there is precedent.

Almost everything has MTX involved as long as it is related to gp and gp can be bought with Bonds.

Oh no!!! Everything has "war" in is MTX related? Oh no!!! Don't make something like War's Blessing then... Oh no!!! Be afraid, be very afraid, perhaps MTX is coming to all 2007 content
very soon!!!

11-May-2020 18:20:37

GhostlyBard

GhostlyBard

Posts: 4,332 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
OK. Perhaps when you find some Jagex released info to support your speculations that Dig Deep War is an "Archeology themed currency collection mtx event", you can share with us then.
Those things I mentioned support my speculations. If you don’t like it maybe don’t ask. Instead of acting like a five year old afterwards.
Dilbert2001 said :
Almost everything has MTX involved as long as it is related to gp and gp can be bought with Bonds.

Oh no!!! Everything has "war" in is MTX related? Oh no!!! Don't make something like War's Blessing then... Oh no!!! Be afraid, be very afraid, perhaps MTX is coming to all 2007 content
very soon!!!
Check out Thieves guild layout redesign. Happy ‘scaping

11-May-2020 21:46:05 - Last edited on 11-May-2020 21:47:13 by GhostlyBard

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Another theory: Orthen!

Dig Deep War is coming actually means Dig Deep, War is coming!

Let's recall Mod Osborne revealed in Runefest 2019 there is actually an Orthen Digsite but so far it hasn't been mentioned anywhere since then.

So get your spade rather, and dig deep perhaps next to whatever locked underneath next to Laniakea and prepare for the next War with some ancient dragonkin creatures.

11-May-2020 22:26:27

Mattoc Attic

Mattoc Attic

Posts: 32 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :
So this week's Spring Updates livestream revealed Dig Deep War is coming.

It is a secret now. Speculations anybody?

So, I was kickin' it with Zaros in the Sanctum, right? And I remember his Auntie Jas has this sweet thing she does with time. He's like "Dude! That's my Aunt!" I said wouldn't it be great if he had a fine Aunt that was into space, too? Yeah...he punched me and I get it but i was still at the bank getting that sapphire lantern, stat. I rub my games bling and I'm like "'sup Juna? I'll text you." I stuck The Measure in that whole cavern. No hot Auntie...yet. If Z's got a hot space auntie I'm gonna find her and he's never livin' that down. Dude's ugly.

12-May-2020 08:22:23

Tagakhlo
Sep Member 2014

Tagakhlo

Posts: 1,119 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dilbert2001 said :

Before the Livestream, I was suspecting a world event involving some kind of war in which
Archaeology played a part... because, when at the White Oak material cache site, I saw Postie
Pete wandering around, and I spoke to him, and he said: "Dig deep! War is coming."

So they've floated a hint about this before the livestream.

So, okay, it will be a world event a bit like that Sword of Raddalin thing. I'm not prepared to speculate on who will be involved - Sliske? Icthlarin? Zaros? ... I really have no way to guess.

12-May-2020 09:21:05

Sleepy Cat
Aug Member 2014

Sleepy Cat

Posts: 1,957 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
maybe as a community we will have to dig for a thing to prevent a thing from attacking? The 'deep' might just imply we will need to dig a large amount of dirt.
All heart, no hype.

12-May-2020 11:02:03 - Last edited on 12-May-2020 16:34:46 by Sleepy Cat

Tagakhlo
Sep Member 2014

Tagakhlo

Posts: 1,119 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sleepy Cat said :
The 'deep' might just imply we will need to dig a large amount of dirt.

Maybe. But I'm not inclined to think that way.

Instead, I take "Dig deep" as a command to level up Archaeology now, because that supposedly will stand me in good stead when the war does come. Of course, the mechanics for a World Event almost have to be such that players can participate, and the successful resolution in the end can be achieved, regardless of the level anyone has attained in Archaeology, wo we can't really take what it appears to mean literally.

12-May-2020 15:44:52

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Tagakhlo said :
Dilbert2001 said :

Before the Livestream, I was suspecting a world event involving some kind of war in which
Archaeology played a part... because, when at the White Oak material cache site, I saw Postie
Pete wandering around, and I spoke to him, and he said: "Dig deep! War is coming."

So they've floated a hint about this before the livestream.

So, okay, it will be a world event a bit like that Sword of Raddalin thing. I'm not prepared to speculate on who will be involved - Sliske? Icthlarin? Zaros? ... I really have no way to guess.

When Postie Pete said something relevant way before it happens, it is likely some important lore based content. If it is an event, it probably won't be something like the defending Falador or Port Sarim variety. It will be likely something closer to Desperate Times or 'Til Death Do Them Apart. Desperate Measures is another possibility.

Dig deep!
“You are right, Lord. I will simply have to dig deeper.”

12-May-2020 18:26:43 - Last edited on 12-May-2020 19:19:57 by Dilbert2001

Mattoc Attic

Mattoc Attic

Posts: 32 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Anyone else interested in the communication portal by the Zaros alter? I was hangin' out with Azzandra and he's decked out for arch just chillin' with all the artifacts that I gave to the monolith sitting there on plinths. Taking a look at the map, is it just me or does that portal lead to directly UNDER the monolith? What if "digging deep" mean multiple things? 1. Work hard at arch. 2. Think about some of the finer points of the lore: elder gods sleeping in Geilinor, elder artifacts we haven't discovered yet and 3. consider what we would find if we "dug" underneath the Monolith. Why did it appear where it appeared, geographically overlayed onto a dimension where Zaros was trapped?

12-May-2020 23:41:47 - Last edited on 19-Jun-2020 01:26:02 by Mattoc Attic

Quick find code: 16-17-697-66158963 Back to Top