Forums

Nerfing Ritual Exp Is Awful

Quick find code: 16-17-61-66285990

Runeberry
Aug Member 2023

Runeberry

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In as polite as possible way, I find it to be such an awful decision that you are nerfing ritual exp instead of doing the obvious by increasing combat exp. 120, especially in a combat skill, should not take forever to achieve. The exp rate right now for the skill is GREAT and one of the main reasons I have stayed playing after coming back to the game from a long hiatus. I felt like for the first time with a new skill you got the exp gain RIGHT. And yes, I have also been training the skill with combat via slayer. I've maxed out my well of souls talents and also have 4 or 5 extra points for future updates banked already. (So I've trained the skill for at least 5-6m through combat alone) The combat exp is a LOT slower compared to rituals, yes, but THAT is the problem. Not the rituals. The combat exp needs to be massively buffed. Right now it feels bad because it feels bad, not because rituals feel good.

This also seem like a scummy practice (nerfing the exp) because you're doing it after

A.) So many people have hit 120 or maxed at 200m exp. Are you going to take away 25% of their exp and make them put in the same work the rest of now have to? Or are we just kicked down to the dirt because we simply didn't stay logged in 24/7 for the past 2 weeks to grind out the skill?

and B.) A lot of us have already purchased a TON of gp worth of necroplasm, essence and/or mementos in order to "bank" our higher levels. This is going to severely impact the materials economically and a lot of us could potentially lose millions because you've just on a whim decided "eh this seems like people are leveling too fast."

Please reconsider the ritual nerf, and instead do the RIGHT thing and buff the combat exp. Companies that heavily hand nerf things after other people have abused the buffed versions really make me intensely angry. I shouldn't be punished because you couldn't balance your skill properly on the ptr.

27-Aug-2023 18:56:51

Runeberry
Aug Member 2023

Runeberry

Another reason I'm angry is that I was taking a small break from rituals at 107 Necro to go train Arch and Farming and Slayer and now I have this OVERWHELMING sense of panic/anxiety/FOMO to go do rituals for the next two days before the nerf. This is not how this game should be handled! You're causing chaos, stress and discord among your customers because you think a skill is being trained "too fast" but you had MORE than enough time to test the rates on the PTR. So what changed between then and now?

27-Aug-2023 19:28:23

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Apparently you don't realize they will be buffing the xp for completing rituals.

Reducing ritual disturbance xp doesn't reduce the demand of ingredients for the rituals. On the contrary, we will need MORE rituals to hit level 120 or 200 mil xp in Necromancy. Hence, we will need MORE mementos, bones, essences among other reagents needed for the rituals.

27-Aug-2023 19:38:03

Runeberry
Aug Member 2023

Runeberry

Dilbert2001 said :
Apparently you don't realize they will be buffing the xp for completing rituals.

Reducing ritual disturbance xp doesn't reduce the demand of ingredients for the rituals. On the contrary, we will need MORE rituals to hit level 120 or 200 mil xp in Necromancy. Hence, we will need MORE mementos, bones, essences among other reagents needed for the rituals.

You're arguing semantics here a bit. The overall nerf to the exp per hour remains the same. That is the main portion of my argument here and something you seem to be ignoring for who knows what gain.

27-Aug-2023 19:40:54

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Runeberry said :
Dilbert2001 said :

You're arguing semantics here a bit. The overall nerf to the exp per hour remains the same. That is the main portion of my argument here and something you seem to be ignoring for who knows what gain.

It is definitely not just about semantics. We definitely need more rituals to get to 99, 120 or 200 mil Necromancy xp after the reduction of xp per rituals. We definitely need more items required for the rituals.

27-Aug-2023 19:46:24

Runeberry
Aug Member 2023

Runeberry

Dilbert2001 said :
Runeberry said :
Dilbert2001 said :

It is definitely not just about semantics. We definitely need more rituals to get to 99, 120 or 200 mil Necromancy xp after the reduction of xp per rituals. We definitely need more items required for the rituals.

Right. But in the end it's still a 25% nerf to the exp rate. I care more about the exp rate nerf than HOW they nerf the exp rate but you seem to be fixating on the one point I made on the economy rather than the entire main point of the post. :/

27-Aug-2023 19:53:28

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

First, it is said to be a proposed 20-25% reduction in disturbance xp, not 25% and even 20-25% is no not a given.

Second, xp for completing rituals will be
buffed
according. So the net reduction of xp per ritual will definitely be less than 25%.

Third, what you made it a big issue of the economy emphasizing on "TON of gp" and the materials being "severely impact" while misunderstanding we will actually be having "TON of gp" to make and the materials are being "severely impacted" positively in demand, ten of course everybody cares about the blooming RS3 economy, especially after the release of Necromancy and its ongoign prosperity should realize this change is actually very beneficial to the general RS3 economy.

27-Aug-2023 20:05:26

Woxi
Mar Member 2006

Woxi

Posts: 1,236 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lets first give the elite, the riich kids 200m exp, then stab the working class in the back so that they play longer and pay more.
just business guys.

take from the many and give to the few.

28-Aug-2023 13:01:35 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2023 13:02:52 by Woxi

ELITE STACK
Mar Member 2014

ELITE STACK

Posts: 8,082 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You are currently 113 necro you still have alot of time to get urs to level 120. You can play casually and gain 5m xp/day and still get 120. The 25% nerf wont be too bad as there are plans on making rituals more afk + buffing xp of completing a ritual. I need my blue charms back.

28-Aug-2023 13:47:02

Quick find code: 16-17-61-66285990 Back to Top