Forums

Ellamaria world famous quester Thread is locked

Quick find code: 16-17-487-66276605

Wingate

Wingate

Posts: 32 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lies!

Dionysius knows who she really is.

She was a blue moon tavern worker. Not some kind of Dionysius. Why are we changing lore that has been established since the very beginning? Is it because it paints the queen in a bad light? She does a good job on her own without the need of a real backstory. She isn't some Cinderella that came from rags and into riches story. She got lucky the king took a shine to her, mainly due to Ellamaria purposely planting herself in his presence.

She emasculated the king with domestic abuse, and has since kept an iron hand on his majesty. She punched the king in the face to show you her bar brawling background. Now she is a famous explorer that somehow can't handle creating her own garden? She suddenly can't handle doing things on her own? She isn't a hero.

Off with her head! This Ellamaria is an imposter. There is no need to change existing characters. Just make new ones.

15-Mar-2023 20:09:44 - Last edited on 15-Mar-2023 20:18:32 by Wingate

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why not both?

Player character has had some momentarily mundane jobs to earn a few gp.
Remember Pirate's Treasure? You collect bananas, pack em in a crate, get some GP. you can rinse and repeat as much as you like. You also get a brief bit of work as a shop assistant ... so you can get access to the backroom and steal the smuggled rum ... and not get paid ... but still.
However about with the Dwarves? You join a company, get tasked to do a few mining or smelting odd jobs and very quickly work your way up to meeting the director.
How about some of the quests we do? Cook's Assistant was a pretty basic fetch job. Grab 3 ingredients and there ya go.

For all we know, Ellamaria had worked up a really hefty bar tab and had to work it off (after procrastinating on it, or got into 1 too many bar fights ... which makes sense for an adventurer ... ) and so the bar made her literally work off her debt.
Maybe she just wanted to spend a bit of time as a barmaid and just so happened to do it when Roald was passing thru.
And just because you're an "adventurer", she may have had some downtime. Or do something that was slightly less dangerous. Maybe the "good" adventuring gigs were being dealt with so she couldn't get a decent quest so she got stuck being a barmaid till something popped up.

And have you met the Signature Heroes and some of the other NPCs?
I mean, she could be an adventurer AND a jerk.
So the WOM's description of her would be apt.

Did you also stop to consider the WOM was biased? ... slightly biased .... ?
I mean, to other people (besides the player character and WOM) she could be only mildly irritating. She just goes full on with the PC and WOM.

16-Mar-2023 00:02:14

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wingate said :

She was a blue moon tavern worker. Not some kind of Dionysius. Why are we changing lore that has been established since the very beginning?

Nobody changed any lore. Someone who worked as a barmaid at one time can absolutely be an adventurer the other time.

We know we are the Time Guardian, but other than Jagex, who can tell us we have never been a barmaid before we left Tutorial Island?

You talked about the Wise Old Man, but why are we changing the lore that has been established since the very beginning? We first knew of him as an ordinary retired old man, then we knew he was a robber, only later he was revealed as an adventurer named Dionysius.

Who changed the lore? Nobody at all. The Wise Old Man has always been Dionysius the adventurer and then Dissy the Robber, but he is also the very same seemingly ordinary retired old man when he first appeared in the lore. We just didn't know about his past as an adventure back then just like we didn't know Ellamaria was an adventurer before today. Nobody changed the lore and RS3 is just revealing more and more interesting lore built on existing lore.

16-Mar-2023 03:52:06 - Last edited on 16-Mar-2023 16:38:12 by Dilbert2001

Immortalized
Mar Member 2006

Immortalized

Posts: 34,061 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think I am missing context here, I did not know they are changing ellamaria. but I do not think giving her an adventurer backstory is fitting. she is known universally as a royal ... and we revel to see her head chopped off in new varrock. if they are trying to give her a more sympathetic image that mirrors ours i am not a fan, i liked her previous image as a rude poor girl who rose to royalty Buy Zemomarks / Chromatic Partyhats safely here

16-Mar-2023 18:30:03

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Immortalized said :
I think I am missing context here, I did not know they are changing ellamaria. but I do not think giving her an adventurer backstory is fitting. she is known universally as a royal ... and we revel to see her head chopped off in new varrock. if they are trying to give her a more sympathetic image that mirrors ours i am not a fan, i liked her previous image as a rude poor girl who rose to royalty

She was also known as a barmaid because Roald made her his Queen. She didn't descend from any royal bloodline. The Wise Old Man told us so.

16-Mar-2023 19:11:17

Wingate

Wingate

Posts: 32 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Deltaslug said :
Why not both?

I mean, to other people (besides the player character and WOM) she could be only mildly irritating. She just goes full on with the PC and WOM.

His opinion of Ellamaria is that she puts on airs that she is royalty, but deep down inside she is still that girl who worked in a bar. That is not bias. That is experience in knowing who Ellamaria was before she became queen. He is older than Ellamaria and would easily know if she had an explorer past with his years of being a quester of great renown. This is lore that has been established since before I started playing in 2006.

18-Mar-2023 20:17:00 - Last edited on 18-Mar-2023 20:25:31 by Wingate

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wingate said :
Deltaslug said :
Why not both?

His opinion of Ellamaria is that she puts on airs that she is royalty but deep down inside she is still that girl who worked in a bar. That is not bias. That is experience in knowing who Ellamaria was before she became queen.

Isn't that true of all of us. I can be quiet, complacent, and just do my job. But around work, I'm also known to be blunt, over explain things, and really speak my mind, and even be too honest for my own good. (They asked if I wanted to be an Inspection Supervisor twice, I bluntly said "no" ... )

It can be hard to change our personality based on our past.
you're right, Ellamaria might be trying to fit into the role that she currently sits in ... and ... to be honest ... the part she plays doesn't match her personality.
But ... her love of Roald might be truer than what most people think ... even if she might be a little bit ... abusive ........

As for the history of being a world class adventurer ....
Possible that it is true
Possible that it might be a case of A LOT of "right time, right place"
Maybe she did A LOT of beginner/novice quests (people saw her running around legitimately helping a lot, but she might not have done too much besides the equivalent of Dragon Slayer) sort of like abusing Menaphos City Quests for "quest points" before someone came in and went "nope, we're not counting those in the future"

18-Mar-2023 20:25:56

Quick find code: 16-17-487-66276605 Back to Top