Forums

How will BXPW work with Arch?

Quick find code: 16-17-475-66162524

Charge-14
Jun Member 2023

Charge-14

Posts: 241 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, if divination and invention are anything to go off of (as they're similar in that you use gathered materials to make an item), it'll double any Archaeology experience you receive as long as it's not from a lamp or quest reward.
Steelweaver's
Hardcore
Ironman

01-Jun-2020 16:46:15

DrauDaedolon
Aug Member 2006

DrauDaedolon

Posts: 10,120 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If it were my design, I'd do the following:

- Bonus XP could be applied to excavation and restoration as that's a finite resource.

- Double XP events are trickier and I see two routes:

1. Increase the XP for excavating.
2. Increase everyone's mattock precision, and thus the rate of artefact discovery (similar to how Invention increases the rate at which your augmented items gain XP.)

The XP for restoration wouldn't change; this is to stop players hoarding damaged artefacts (again, similar to Invention.) Consumables like monocles and archaeologist's tea would need special handling.

- Complete tomes wouldn't be affected by XP bonuses as they behave like lamps. I imagine that pylon batteries also wouldn't be affected, as the XP they give is also calculated from lamps.

01-Jun-2020 17:24:08 - Last edited on 01-Jun-2020 17:36:37 by DrauDaedolon

Tenembre

Tenembre

Posts: 61 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why would anything be sped up? Wouldn't. Just XP from excavating, using screening at arch camp and artifact restoration be the only double-able categories?I'm. Not even sure if the research team XP would be affected.

03-Jul-2020 21:51:11

ironpariah

ironpariah

Posts: 4,519 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The smaller XP rewards will likely get doubled. (Who cares about a 2x on the XP you get while excavating, uncover a site for the first time, or find materials/artifacts.)

Restoration ... I think they'll just double it. You invest a lot of time or chronotes to get artifacts. While the materials for artifacts is tradeable, the artifacts themselves are not.

Think of Summoning and Smithing.
It takes a while to get a lot of charms (not tradeable) and even some of the summoning secondaries untradeable. But you get a lot of XP when you do full inventories of summoning.

Smithing, extract the ore via mining. Take the time to smelt. And then you make progressively higher and higher tiers of Rune to Elder Rune stuff.
You get small bits of XP as you go, but in the end, there is a lot of XP.

The other approach they do is a 50% XP rate they apply to Invention at the front end. But there's no precedence for doing that with any other skill that Invention.

03-Jul-2020 23:13:08

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I imagine that anything currently affected by the XP boosts from the Archaeology outfit and the +2% Gathering XP relic will be boosted as normal by BXP/DXP. So excavation, restoration, and screening would be boosted, but XP gains from Mysteries, Research, and Complete Tomes/Distorted/Shadowy keys would not be.

That being said, I see no reason why BXP would affect artefact discovery speed. You'd get more XP from digging but I highly doubt that discovery is directly tied to the XP gained from that excavation.

For what it's worth, I feel like Archaeology will be a fairly poor choice to put BXP towards anyway. Aside from a few stretches of empty levels (77-80 immediately jump to mind) that might very well be filled by future digsites, I feel like the XP curve for Archaeology is actually pretty well balanced in terms of not feeling like you're grinding the same spot for no reason other than XP thanks to Chronotes, Relic components, and Tetracompasses. Using too many stars/lamps/other XP boosters is going to mean falling behind on completing collections, having enough Chronotes to purchase unlocks without a considerable coin investment to buy them from other players, and having the requirements to reach the next Qualification.

04-Jul-2020 20:26:31 - Last edited on 04-Jul-2020 20:29:01 by Vengeance of

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I guess BXP will work on everything the outfit currently works on - so bascially everything except for research, tomes, batteries and one-off thingies you can find in a couple of dig sites.

DXP should be as DrauDaedolon said: Increased xp for excavation, but artefacts are just acquired faster in order to prevent stockpiling.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

05-Jul-2020 06:21:22

Quick find code: 16-17-475-66162524 Back to Top