Forums

Future of Shadow Pylons

Quick find code: 16-17-368-66154585

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Shadow Pylons in Kharid-Et are a cute little "community" thing.
All players, across all worlds, who contribute a Pylon Battery, help charge it by .15%.
This means we need 666 Pylon Batteries at any time to charge the Shadow Pylon for the 30 minute buff.

Right now, first month of the new release, this isn't a problem.
And with a skill that goes to 120, with a few rares (ie: the inquisitor staff pieces), we'll expect someone to be there at any time.
And devs did a good thing by making it so each site has tiers (ie: most of the sites have low, mid, high, and over level 99 content).

But we still have a long term issue. I'm talking 6-12 months from now. At that time, Kharid-et will see a drop off in game play.
Thus, getting the 666 Pylon Batteries, even spread across all servers, will be a bit of a challenge.

Did devs consider the possibility of letting the Shadow Pylons be instanced to the individual player?
It would still need a large number of Pylon Batteries to activate, but we would be talking 30-100 for 1 player to get the buff themselves, not a global effect.

19-Apr-2020 22:44:38

ZeroLuck4
Oct Member 2023

ZeroLuck4

Posts: 246 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think part of this was to allow the inquisitor staff parts to become introduced at a faster rate (as to not skyrocket the cost of it).

You will find that just like warbands or the demon slayer events it will become less popular and something will replace it. As of now, it has very high damage but the demand will lower and so will the difficulty of finding it I imagine.

20-Apr-2020 18:39:32

Killerfate

Killerfate

Posts: 744 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Deltaslug said :
This means we need 666 Pylon Batteries at any time to charge the Shadow Pylon for the 30 minute buff.
R

Problem with the math is that 1 battery charges 0.01% of the pylon so you need 10,000 batteries across all world, many more than the 666 you calculated. So the problem is that the pylon would take even longer to charge

21-Apr-2020 02:22:37

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,169 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Killerfate said :
Deltaslug said :
R

Problem with the math is that 1 battery charges 0.01% of the pylon so you need 10,000 batteries across all world, many more than the 666 you calculated. So the problem is that the pylon would take even longer to charge

It's even more - 0.001 % charge per battery - or 100k batteries in total.

I would suggest a couple of things in the medium term (most of those mechanics are actually fine for now ):

- Remove the penalty for charging more than 150 batteries at once - if a player wants to charge 10k batteries at once, they should be able to do so for charges and not just xp.
- Remove the experience bonus for charging more than 10 or 100 batteries at once, increase the base experience accordingly -i.e. one single battery always is worth 6 % of a small lamp, rather than 5. If players want to contribute only a few batteries, they shouldn't be punished for doing so.
- They could consider to lower the amount of batteries required. Or it could be a dynamic requirement for the pylon charging itself over time (i.e. it will activate eventually even without any contribution). Question in here is how often should it activate - if the aim is 2-3 times per day it could generate 10k charges per hour - this would give the community enough options to have some impact).
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

24-Apr-2020 12:48:32

Quick find code: 16-17-368-66154585 Back to Top