Forums

Fresh Start Worlds - Questions

Quick find code: 16-17-364-66260566

NecroVeno
Apr Member 2021

NecroVeno

Posts: 28 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Welcome, Adventurers

I would like to run a quick chat regarding a questions associated with Fresh Start Worlds (FSW)
Whether I like it or not
I have some concerns and questions on how it is going to work.

I am happy to see there are some limitations, rewards and new features.
But these needs some explanation to prevent any misinformation.

So here it is, list of a questions I had so far

I will try to put the questions from similar categories close to each other, just in case they can be related - and also for everyone's convenience.

Starting off with hottest topics, money:

So we were informed that You need to start with a new account.
1. Can You bond OSRS account to use it on FSW in Rs3?
2. Can You extend Your premium with bond obtained on FSW?
3. Can You move bonds freely from FSW to RS3 before game mode closes?
4. As member You are meant to obtain daily keys. Is there any chance to get back amount of keys lost due to Treasure Hunter limitation? (It's 2 months worth of keys!)

Then we go for player experience, starting with QoL questions
5. FSW will be the part of RS3. but You will be only able to join the specific FSW worlds only, correct?
6. If so, how many Worlds will be available for players to use? (Crowd issues etc.)

Then I will go for the Compliance topic, for a potential abuse mechanism
7. Will there be any daily time limit for players to play a game? Account Share / Botting
8. Will there be any limitations in place for certain activities? f.ex. We know that Croesus has really low requirements for rewards it provide and is considered main strategy for Ironmans, so is for FSW.

and speaking of rewards
9. Is there anything else for a player as a reward besides broadcasts for World's First?
10. Are there any other rewards for participation? We are already wasting time starting over - that's a good reason to compensate everyone.
11. Can we make sure that accounts participating will get review before obtaining rewards. So we won't give stuff for cheaters?

19-Aug-2022 18:25:25

NecroVeno
Apr Member 2021

NecroVeno

12. If account run out of member, it can no longer log into a FSW world?

13. Will marketplace will become unavailable? There are overpowered auras available for few bonds.

14. Many players will freshly arrive and they have some non-instanced action to be taken in Burthorpe. This includes killing some trolls, 5 cows and cutting at least 2 trees. Will there be any chance for increased spawn rates of trees and cows so everyone can complete their stuff?

Regular trees are really important early on - in order to start player owned farm you need 17 construction which is over 80 planks

15. Prime gaming rewards, game codes, refer a friend bonus - will you be able to redeem those on FSW?

16. Will there be ranking for total points earned?

19-Aug-2022 18:25:46 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2022 08:33:56 by NecroVeno

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Before you register for FSW, be sure you understand what they are for first. For instance, seemingly your concern you "know that Croesus has really low requirements for rewards it provide and is considered main strategy for Ironmans" is irrelevant as:

**Note: Ironman Mode is not available in Fresh Start Worlds.

Other than that basically everything is the same in FSW following Jagex's policy in their other games such as RS3, OSRS and RSC, of course, including account sharing and botting.

As for rewards of RS3 FSW, there are a titanic lot for RS3 including faster xp rate, cosmetic on reaching milestones and cosmetics to competitions winners. Please see this news page for complete information:

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/fresh-start-worlds---rediscover-runescape-together

As for rewards of OSRS FSW, there is none.

19-Aug-2022 19:04:51

NecroVeno
Apr Member 2021

NecroVeno

Thank You Dilbert2001 for Your time in making this replay.

I was referring to Ironman mode as the whole server start from a scratch, so the Ironman strategies will apply to game economy.

I need some extra layer of certainty on the questions asked, to decide whether it's good to invest my time into this temporary game mode.

I've been browsing everywhere thus far:
-forums
-twitter
-pages
-discord

and none of them were answered

Thank You for a reminder over Jagex's Policy. I will take an extra look there.

19-Aug-2022 23:30:51

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

NecroVeno said :
Thank You Dilbert2001 for Your time in making this replay.

I was referring to Ironman mode as the whole server start from a scratch, so the Ironman strategies will apply to game economy.

I need some extra layer of certainty on the questions asked, to decide whether it's good to invest my time into this temporary game mode.

I've been browsing everywhere thus far:
-forums
-twitter
-pages
-discord

and none of them were answered

Thank You for a reminder over Jagex's Policy. I will take an extra look there.

This will be very different than IM as all players can trade freely, especially via GE. There will be no time wasting player to payer trading if they don't want.

There will also be TH and other xp boosting ways IM can't participate.

There is definitely going to be an economy, unlike IM mode where everybody is forced to be self sufficient.

20-Aug-2022 00:31:26

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

NecroVeno said :
How does that answer my questions?

What questions do you mean? I didn't answer your questions on using bonds and such to play FSW because I don't know and I want to know too. Mod Jack posted on Twitter they are going to make some changes to FSW and they will let us know next week. They may answer these questions regarding membership of existing and FSW players next week.

Regarding your questions on FSW is like IM, I clearly showed you the stark differences in trading, grouping, accessibility to all the non-IM features like auras, TH. FSW experience will be 100% different from IM mode.

20-Aug-2022 17:08:44

DefqonDude
Aug Member 2020

DefqonDude

Posts: 194 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
NecroVeno said :
3. Can You move bonds freely from FSW to RS3 before game mode closes?

IIRC you can leave FSW but will have no possibility to rejoin with that account.

NecroVeno said :
5. FSW will be the part of RS3. but You will be only able to join the specific FSW worlds only, correct?

Correct
NecroVeno said :
7. Will there be any daily time limit for players to play a game? Account Share / Botting

Doubt, it would limit players a whole lot.
NecroVeno said :
8. Will there be any limitations in place for certain activities? f.ex. We know that Croesus has really low requirements for rewards it provide and is considered main strategy for Ironmans, so is for FSW.

Doubt. How would this be an issue though?
NecroVeno said :
9. Is there anything else for a player as a reward besides broadcasts for World's First?

Pets, capes and halos are for any who can get them.
NecroVeno said :
10. Are there any other rewards for participation? We are already wasting time starting over - that's a good reason to compensate everyone.

No time is wasted since it will all move to main game after.
NecroVeno said :
11. Can we make sure that accounts participating will get review before obtaining rewards. So we won't give stuff for cheaters?

Doubt that is even possible.
NecroVeno said :
12. If account run out of member, it can no longer log into a FSW world?

Correct
Dutch Infinity and beyond

22-Aug-2022 10:06:21

NecroVeno
Apr Member 2021

NecroVeno

Thank You DefqonDude for reading through all the questions!
I really like the doubts parts, that gives an extra perspective over a questions.

For number 8,
This is legitimate my own experience from a different game,
Where the biggest money maker method killed 'fresh start' economy and prices of premium currency were the same as original game in a short period of time.

So by rating the game strategies, I found out that
Croesus on such low requirements with potential for multiple kills per hour gives player opportunity to print millions of money which cannot be even compared with any other solo methods.

But after short realization I found how wrong am I :)
Considering fact, that someone with 16 accounts paying same amount of attention can make three times as much making my point fairly irrelevant.

So I am happy for Sus Enjoyers to see their Sus Pet Halo attempts from very beginning :)

22-Aug-2022 13:22:09

Quick find code: 16-17-364-66260566 Back to Top