Forums

Dark Forces at Draynor Manor Thread is locked

Quick find code: 16-17-270-66209914

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Upon logging in after tonight's reset, an ominous new message awaits among the usual weekly D&D notifications...

"You sense dark forces emanating from the grounds of Draynor Manor."

I decided to check out the Manor to see what's up, and sure enough, someone was waiting for me... a new, obviously Zamorakian NPC named Regina, standing in a ritual circle, mumbling about how "they'll get what they deserve when the portal opens" and going through teenage angst about how "this isn't a 'just a phase'". They brush off any attempts to talk to them, saying that this isn't any of our business.

Clearly, this is a teaser for a new update. Is this a lead in to this year's April Fool's event? Could this be related to Relomia's antics in the second part of the Foreshadowing miniquest series, which is coming out next week? Maybe even something to do with the "Wish" teaser for something at the end of April? Or could this be something entirely different?

What are your thoughts?

31-Mar-2021 01:17:25 - Last edited on 31-Mar-2021 01:20:37 by Vengeance of

xxqw56chxx

xxqw56chxx

Posts: 1,337 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vengeance of said :
Maybe even something to do with the "Wish" teaser for something at the end of April?

Can confirm its nothing to do with the "Wish" thing:

Original message details are unavailable.
Hooli has posted some clarity regarding the 'wish' that players will have access to at the end of April, and what it means for those affected by the lockout:

Regarding Ironmen:

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/mgeum0/lockout_account_returns_updates/gssrx5e/?context=3

My guess, it more than likely has to do with the Foreshadowing miniquest as thats the only thing that makes sense to me.
xx*w56c***
King of the Weebs

31-Mar-2021 01:49:54

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

A few "wannabe cultists" have arrived, and are surrounding the circle. Judging by the rate that this seems to be unfolding (seemingly being a quarter of the way done within ~6 hours), it's looking likely that this is a lead-in to April Fools.

I'm guessing that, judging by how amateur-hour these cultists seem to be, their ritual is going to go terribly, hilariously wrong. But exactly how is anyone's guess. Are they going to accidentally summon lemons in a failed attempt to summon demons? Maybe they'll accidentally summon a version of Zamorak from an wildly different timeline? Or maybe, against all odds, the ritual itself will somehow be a success, and Zamorak himself will be in charge of whatever silliness is about to be unleashed. If there was ever a holiday that the god of chaos would partake in, it would probably be April Fools, right?

31-Mar-2021 07:36:36 - Last edited on 31-Mar-2021 07:38:01 by Vengeance of

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Welp, the event is over, the plot has been resolved, and aside from Regina and Party Pete still hanging around and the ritual circle needing to be mopped up (probably once next week's update happens), everything is back to normal.

If a passing F-Mod happens to see this, this thread has served its purpose and can now be locked up whenever you're ready.

02-Apr-2021 06:13:12 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2021 06:16:20 by Vengeance of

Quick find code: 16-17-270-66209914 Back to Top