Forums

Orthen Relic Spectulation

Quick find code: 16-17-243-66174627

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's safe to assume that, when the Orthen Digsite is released (whether it's later this year or early next), we'll be unearthing new Relics as we slowly peel back its mysteries, whether they come from new Collections from existing collectors, from the Digsite itself, or from the inevitable new Orthen/Anachronian/Dragonkin collection who only deals in artefacts from Orthen.

What do you expect/hope to see from the new unlocks?

Personally, I think we'll get a new Inspire Relic, Inspire All, which provides a 1% EXP bonus to all skills (and would stack with the existing "+2% in a specific skill category" relics), and a Relic that increases our Monolith power to 700 (not including its own cost), letting us use two of the most powerful Relics together instead of three less powerful ones (ie. letting us use Heightened Senses and Conservation of Energy together)

11-Aug-2020 11:18:09

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Orthen Digsite is coming out October according to the just finished Q&A livestream.

They also announced a new boss and new items are coming too (outside GWD3), it may have something to do with Orthen although they came short of linking the 2 updates together.

New boss may drop new relics along the usual new gear, quite logical. :)

26-Aug-2020 18:38:32 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2020 18:42:36 by Dilbert2001

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That's a very interesting idea. A Relic slot would probably be considered enough of an investment to provide passive partial Antifire. I doubt it'd be explicitly tied to DFS, but I think you're onto something with it functioning as an antifire potion with unlimited/consistently refreshing duration, considering that DFS provides full antifire effects when paired with any antifire potion.

Do you reckon we'll see something like that with Poison, too? I feel like it'd be less likely than a passive Antifire because Poison Immunity is more readily available, but it could still be a possibility.

27-Aug-2020 06:16:34 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2020 06:16:54 by Vengeance of

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,647 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A relic that has a similar effect to the aftershock perk, except it deals dragonkin dragonfire which has a chance to crit. Same 3x3 range, and can stack with aftershock. Takes a decent monolith power so it's balanced. Maybe even also summon a jadinko ally with low hp that lasts 30 secs and increases stat boost duration by 15 seconds. So slightly longer overloads for that clutch boss kill. We all saw how powerful dragonkin's dragonfire is in ritual of the mahjarrat.

28-Aug-2020 02:16:19

Ekimike
Feb Member 2018

Ekimike

Posts: 345 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would love to see more relic power too, but only if it is tied to higher archeology level (100+). I think replacing an entire category of potions (anti-fires) would be too much. I would love some more attention be paid to non-PVM content. The skilling perks, once again, have ben tied heavily to EXP-gains, rather than making skilling activities easier/more fun/better/varied.

01-Sep-2020 19:07:28

Quick find code: 16-17-243-66174627 Back to Top