Forums

Smithing

Quick find code: 16-17-218-66178690

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,892 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There's a large variety of weapons and armor that you can create at 60+. There's Elder Rune (tier 90 weaponry, damage bonus greater than certain boss weapons) and Masterwork armor (best melee armor in-game, only obtainable through Smithing) just to name a few. ^_^ Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

03-Sep-2020 13:12:02 - Last edited on 03-Sep-2020 13:12:20 by Corder

Armodilo
Dec Member 2011

Armodilo

Posts: 690 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think they want to do weapons and hatchets at least for high end without the skills going to 120. And they didn't feel they had the monsters to warrant that. For mid tier stuff I think there's quite a lot of monster drop rewards so I don't see them doing all wep options via smithing.

But if they do the weapon rebalance again then maybe more weps will become smithable.

03-Sep-2020 14:09:45

Vengeance of
Mar Member 2018

Vengeance of

Posts: 2,372 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As far as I know, there's no plans, which is a shame. I really think it looks weird that Bronze through Runite have so many smithable options that the others don't, and is probably a source of frustration for a lot of new/returning players.

07-Sep-2020 02:01:30

XSlay4DeathX
Mar Member 2007

XSlay4DeathX

Posts: 2,634 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's definitely incomplete since release even almost 2 years later, Jagex gave up on it tbh

Lets just hope for there current incompetence in the designing room they don't revamp anymore skills since they failed attempt #1 by a long shot with cheap shot methods.

Nerf$cape, we design correctly in our eyes since we don't play, but it's honestly not finished in the fashion players would like. ps all your armour and potions got turned into tickets

09-Sep-2020 20:15:48

Charge-14
Jun Member 2023

Charge-14

Posts: 241 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The reasons why there's no other gear for T60+ in Smithing is because they have yet to update other skills to fully allow T60+ skilling.

Ex1. Elder Trees are a T90 resource that fletches into a T60 weapon and the highest level Hatchet we have (Crystal) is T70.
Ex2. Rune Arrowtips take Lv50 Smithing to create and Lv75 to fletch into usable arrows.
Ex3. It takes Lv93 Crafting to create a T65 Ranged Body (Royal Dragonhide).
Steelweaver's
Hardcore
Ironman

11-Sep-2020 17:41:49

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Charge-14 said :
The reasons why there's no other gear for T60+ in Smithing is because they have yet to update other skills to fully allow T60+ skilling.

Ex1. Elder Trees are a T90 resource that fletches into a T60 weapon and the highest level Hatchet we have (Crystal) is T70.
Ex2. Rune Arrowtips take Lv50 Smithing to create and Lv75 to fletch into usable arrows.
Ex3. It takes Lv93 Crafting to create a T65 Ranged Body (Royal Dragonhide).

May I have your attention to all the wonderful T80 attuned crystals gear and tools that require smithing to create please?

They exist in the game for a very loooonnnggg time already.

12-Sep-2020 17:55:04

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A few reasons why they left space open:
- reworking the skill and adding what they did was a massive development investment. so yes, that mean paring down some of the weapon choices at the end of development

- it leaves room for additional reward spaces

- do you have any idea how much melee gear there already is in game?
T60 Dragon Armor (the original stuff) filling out all of possible weapon options except the short sword/rapier
Now with Orikalkum
T70 Barrows, Bandos, Crystal, lots of TH gear
Now with Necronium
T80 Torva, Zaros Anima Core, Chaotics, Attuned Crystal
Now with Bane variants
T85 Tetsu (which you can smith), Refined anima core Zaros
Now with Elder Rune (putting here even tho 90 to smith)
T90 Malevolent (again you can smith) and Masterwork
T92 Trimmed Masterwork

In truth, I don't expect much else to be added at the current tiers. In addition, the level scaling from 60-70 for combat, you'll probably not be needing any T60 or even T70 stuff than what is provided.
The game is also focused on end game and getting you up to there. Power creep has left T60 and T70 in the same mindset as Rune Armor after 2004.

Finally, you don't really need more to smith since training is also covered by what you already have. They don't have any incentive to add yet another 2% XP rate for T60 or T70 smithing gains.

You'll get new stuff whenever they rework woodcutting and maybe rebalance fletching.
Other than that, I wouldn't get my hopes up for maybe 1 or 2 items.

13-Sep-2020 00:39:28

Quick find code: 16-17-218-66178690 Back to Top