Forums

Partyhat and Christmas Event Thread is locked

Quick find code: 16-17-144-66290106

Eng1neerd
Feb Member 2014

Eng1neerd

Posts: 860 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex finally answered our prayers on the Black Partyhat! What do ya'll think about it and making more new Partyhat colors in the future? Also let's speculate..I wonder if they are going to drop all the old rares again from Partyhats to Black Santas and Christmas scythes! Boy this would be the best christmas event ever! :)

09-Nov-2023 17:34:57

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think they will just drop the old "rares". They will come one at a time perhaps but they we will have to play the game and the chane will be extremely low. So in the end they will still be very rare, and more so than Orlando Smith.

09-Nov-2023 20:53:31

Sir Hassan
Jun Member 2023

Sir Hassan

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As this is a newer account of mine, I would love the chance to get some of the old untradable cosmetics! However, I don't see old tradable rares making a come back, and honestly I hope they don't. Definitely seems like an event I'll be sinking my teeth into.

09-Nov-2023 22:50:17

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,176 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is always Nice to have chance, although it is probably a low chance. I am glad we get Nice points for some other not so rare cosmetics though. And we can get the new Necromancy weapon overrides too.

Nice rewards for Nice player.

09-Nov-2023 23:40:17

emotions
Jun Member 2019

emotions

Posts: 14,413 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am curious what the starting price of these black party hats on the GE will be. Similar to the black Santa?

Probably won’t be getting it as I don’t play more than an hour to a few since this is ultra rare now it’ll be rare to get the reward ~

They should bring a black Santa outfit. We had green last year so why not.. it’ll match the hat.

I wonder what old cosmetics are returning….anyway looks interesting !
“We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one”

10-Nov-2023 04:27:12

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,647 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No I doubt original rares are being rereleased this year. Too much potential backlash that they don't want on top of the hero pass drama. Although I wouldn't mind if christmas scythe was rereleased this year. Maybe rerelease another 5k xmas scythes in the giant cracker, they look pretty similar to gift wrap so its price getting halved isn't too bad. Instead of rereleasing black santa, simply add the red santa model for black santa on right click so players can toggle their black santa to have the bob end on the side instead of backwards.

10-Nov-2023 05:40:11 - Last edited on 10-Nov-2023 05:41:13 by Jeremy Cheng

PerYngve
Aug Member 2023

PerYngve

Posts: 8,195 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't imagine they'll bring back old rares. I also wonder how rare it'll be to get a party hat. I was lucky - a friend of mine gifted this orange H'ween mask to me. :| I would love a black party hat.

According to their blog post, the more Nice Points you have to turn in, the greater your chances are of getting a rare item. Seems as if it's gonna be a better event than this year's Halloween event. I didn't hate it, but it seemed very lacking.

I'm glad you made this thread. Great topic of discussion. :)
PerYng**

10-Nov-2023 10:58:06 - Last edited on 10-Nov-2023 11:40:30 by PerYngve

Quick find code: 16-17-144-66290106 Back to Top