Forums

Confusion about Necromancy

Quick find code: 15-16-954-66285034

Gridenough
Dec Member 2007

Gridenough

Posts: 87 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am confused about the duality in Necromancy. This is supposed to be a combat skill, but the role of ritual is a little unclear. Using the rituals to create the materials for armor is understandable, but the whole talent tree and well of souls is really unclear. Why is doing a communion ritual a faster way to gain souls than killing monsters? How can these be interchangeable? This just does not make sense.

The communions are expensive in terms of getting the needed information from Kili, but at lower levels killing the specified monsters result in very crowded kill sites. Also, I have killed the specified monsters to make my way to level 65, but there are only 116 souls in the well of souls. I have 7 talents, but only 116 souls. Why? In the various errands for Kili or in the quests, monsters are to be killed in order to fill the urns, yet killing monsters does not seem to work very efficiently for the well of souls. How many monsters are required to put a soul in the well?

Also most of the rituals needed for making materials of various sorts give only a little experience and put no souls into the Well. On the other hand, there seems to be absolutely no reason to do the rather expensive communions unless they are required by some sub-plot in the story line. They don't really DO anything except eat up resources and waste a lot of time while the communion ritual drones on. It seems from my progress to lvl 65 that I could get my 99 in Necromancy before I get to level 3 in the Well of souls. This makes no sense. There are abilities that are supposedly available at level 40 that are locked up in the tree and inaccessible. It seems that there is a huge confusion about what a player is actually supposed to do in order to proceed in the skill.

Another nitpick: for "Conjure vengeful Ghost" a "Conduit" is required. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be defined anywhere. Unfortunately, that is true of various aspects of this new skill

11-Aug-2023 01:29:50

Quick find code: 15-16-954-66285034 Back to Top