Forums

Is this mental awareness week?

Quick find code: 15-16-920-66280403

R E D M I K

R E D M I K

Posts: 619 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here's my point. Why did Jagex release a promo on keys, 24 hours after releasing treasure hunter event? I find it quite ironic they did not add the key promo at the same time they added the treasure hunter event.

Note that ''Addiction'' is a mental disorder.

Now I just want to buy more keys. Even if I dumped a good amount of money already.

Really ironic.

Thanks for reading me.

21-May-2023 04:43:31

BrunoNutto
Feb Member 2023

BrunoNutto

Posts: 3,328 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Commercial companies are all the same mate, they only care about their customers up to the point of affecting profits and no further.

Just chill, don't chase everything they dangle in front of you. Give yourself a limit per month and stick to it. Slowly wean yourself away and you'll realise that life doesn't revolve around quick fixes like gambling.

24-May-2023 00:00:55

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Business decision most likely. They want players to feel pressured to spend their keys right away and buy more ensuring jagex profit.

Yes, business decision, but unlike what you think, please note that
we donate by using Runecoins, not keys.
Most importantly, Jagex is donating every cent to mental health charities. They aren't gaining any money from the business side.

25-May-2023 17:10:51

Kat Stryke

Kat Stryke

Posts: 2,058 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex: "We care about mental health."

Also Jagex: "BUY MORE KEYS!"

Yeah...nothing screams mental health quite like pushing people into addiction. Using MTX to promote good mental health is like having an open bar at an AA meeting. It's inappropriate.

For those who cannot see the irony, allow me to remind you of the following:

FOMO means Fear Of Missing Out. The operative word is FEAR.

FOMO does not mean For Our Mental Outlook.

Love,
Kat
I've been putting out fire with gasoline! ^_^

Kat's Diary

25-May-2023 19:35:37

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Jagex: "We care about mental health."

Also Jagex: "BUY MORE KEYS!"

Yeah...nothing screams mental health quite like pushing people into addiction. Using MTX to promote good mental health is like having an open bar at an AA meeting. It's inappropriate.

For those who cannot see the irony, allow me to remind you of the following:

FOMO means Fear Of Missing Out. The operative word is FEAR.

FOMO does not mean For Our Mental Outlook.

Love,
Kat

TH keys can't do a thing in this charity event.

There is also no FOMO factor the items can be obtained either playing the game regularly or buy from SGS at any time.

25-May-2023 20:48:12

BrunoNutto
Feb Member 2023

BrunoNutto

Dilbert, you're missing the point of this thread. OP was talking about the TH key Foresight to Train. He obviously bought a whole bunch of keys to prepare for it, and then was hit with a better promo offer just after buying them.

The point he was making was that Jagex shouldn't make a song and dance about supporting a mental health charity in public; whilst doing this sort of thing to harm their own players who suffer from compulsive addictions to the gambling aspect of TH.

25-May-2023 21:48:23

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Dilbert, you're missing the point of this thread. OP was talking about the TH key Foresight to Train. He obviously bought a whole bunch of keys to prepare for it, and then was hit with a better promo offer just after buying them.

The point he was making was that Jagex shouldn't make a song and dance about supporting a mental health charity in public; whilst doing this sort of thing to harm their own players who suffer from compulsive addictions to the gambling aspect of TH.

No. OP and the others are missing the point rather. Mental Health Week has nothing to do with the TH key. Even if you have to pick on MTX, why is TH a problem but it is OK for RS3 and OSRS to continue to sell Bonds MTX during Mental Health Week? :D

25-May-2023 22:26:49

BrunoNutto
Feb Member 2023

BrunoNutto

Bonds are a simple purchase. That's comparing apples and oranges. If Jagex are using behavioural conditioning on players who struggle to stop buying keys then that is a whole lot to do with mental health, and the cynical exploitation thereof.

25-May-2023 22:52:46

Quick find code: 15-16-920-66280403 Back to Top