Forums

Challenge Tokens Missing

Quick find code: 15-16-92-66288513

Forty206
Oct Member 2022

Forty206

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So now that Daily Challenges are back, what about everyone's challenge tokens? I certainly didn't bank 60+ of them to unlock cosmetics in an unknown upcoming "Hero Pass", so why didn't they come back with the challenge system?

I could care less about the 18 levels or whatever boost they gave me, at the rate of 3 per week its going to take about 5 months to earn those back if I don't spend a single one. I could knock out those 18 levels in a week without hardly trying.

Just give me the tokens back.

10-Oct-2023 00:58:41

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,168 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If they remove the levels and give back the tokens some players will be upset. If they leave the levels and don't give the tokens back some players will be upset. Jagex can't win whatever they do. Its possible they don't have a way to check how many tokens people had.

10-Oct-2023 09:42:03 - Last edited on 10-Oct-2023 09:42:24 by Megycal

A  Cole
Nov Member 2003

A  Cole

Posts: 14,761 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I could care less about the 18 levels or whatever boost they gave me
So you want the Hero Pass levels, and the Challenge Tokens.

I'm sorry, but it's either/or. To be wanting both is greedy in my opinion, especially when neither are particularly earned. They're merely additions tacked on to the game.

As Megycal said, removing them from Hero Pass to give them back as Challenge Tokens will only upset another subset of people.

~A~

10-Oct-2023 09:59:17

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If they remove the levels and give back the tokens some players will be upset. If they leave the levels and don't give the tokens back some players will be upset. Jagex can't win whatever they do. Its possible they don't have a way to check how many tokens people had.

They could certainly revert Hero Pass levels back to Challenge Skip Tokens if they wanted to. However, I believe most players prefer the free Hero Pass Levels and heaps of free cosmetics over very easy to obtain Challenge Skip Tokens.

Don't forget RS3 ran a Survey to get our feedbacks, and I believe they went with the comments of their community actively playing RS3 and Hero Pass/Daily Challenges.

10-Oct-2023 15:59:55

Mini JIT
Oct Member 2014

Mini JIT

Posts: 2,211 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Agreed like I have been saying all along they should have given the option to players on having them returned or keeping the HP levels. I am already on level 162 with all the yak trac skips and 160+ daily challenge skips they stole. I not even done the special missions that are 200m. As this is the first only HP what will they do with all the spare currency. I only need like 6k to buy everything else in the shop and almost 2 months left.

I don't need any more oddments if they plan on converting them into that. The yak trac skips should have been turned back into bonds, some of us paid real money for them. I was saving the skips for Dec-Jan when I am more busy with work and have less time to play.

Not to mention the 6m xp we irons missed out on when they removed DC. They should have at least added 200% charges to the guardian's gift to make up for it.

@Megycal, after the lockout 2 years ago they keep better records, so they know exactly what skips we had.

10-Oct-2023 18:20:26

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Agreed like I have been saying all along they should have given the option to players on having them returned or keeping the HP levels. I am already on level 162 with all the yak trac skips and 160+ daily challenge skips they stole. I not even done the special missions that are 200m. As this is the first only HP what will they do with all the spare currency. I only need like 6k to buy everything else in the shop and almost 2 months left.

I don't need any more oddments if they plan on converting them into that. The yak trac skips should have been turned back into bonds, some of us paid real money for them. I was saving the skips for Dec-Jan when I am more busy with work and have less time to play.

Not to mention the 6m xp we irons missed out on when they removed DC. They should have at least added 200% charges to the guardian's gift to make up for it.

@Megycal, after the lockout 2 years ago they keep better records, so they know exactly what skips we had.

In case if you missed it, Jagex provided us an option to get refund from Hero Pass with
HERO PASS - PLAYER FEEDBACK UPDATE #2 on 08 September 2023

"If you purchased Premier Pass prior to this news post and no longer want it, or you are unhappy about any other purchase please contact customer support for a refund."

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/hero-pass---player-feedback-update-2

10-Oct-2023 19:14:28 - Last edited on 10-Oct-2023 19:15:44 by Dilbert2001

A  Cole
Nov Member 2003

A  Cole

Posts: 14,761 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Perhaps Jagex should add Yak Track Skips and Daily Challenge Skips to the Hero Pass reward shop.

At least players will then have the option of getting their skips back through choice, rather than it being forced upon us all.

This is assuming that both Yak Track returns and the Daily Challenge system remains in-game.

~A~

10-Oct-2023 22:51:04

Forty206
Oct Member 2022

Forty206

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

I'm sorry, but it's either/or. To be wanting both is greedy in my opinion, especially when neither are particularly earned. They're merely additions tacked on to the game.

As Megycal said, removing them from Hero Pass to give them back as Challenge Tokens will only upset another subset of people.

~A~

Take the levels away, I literally said I didn't care about them. I just want the tokens back man, I do not care what they take away from the pass to justify it. I did not ask for the hero pass to be a thing, and if I had the option to not trade in the skips, I would have, but this decision was forced upon me.

And the tokens were earned. You get 3 per week by completing streaks of challenges. they didn't just appear in my pocket randomly without any input to me. By your logic, nobody has earned anything in the game, the rewards you get by playing and accomplishing things are "merely additions tacked on to the game."

Jagex admitted they screwed up the implementation of the hero pass, so why not un-botch the things they screwed up, instead of leaving in everything half screwed up. They ought to just return everything and leave the progess it granted, if it costs them a little bit of profit, so be it. They should have read the overall situation better instead of rushing in another money grab system

14-Oct-2023 17:41:55 - Last edited on 14-Oct-2023 17:50:11 by Forty206

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

~A~

Take the levels away, I literally said I didn't care about them. I just want the tokens back man, I do not care what they take away from the pass to justify it. I did not ask for the hero pass to be a thing, and if I had the option to not trade in the skips, I would have, but this decision was forced upon me.

And the tokens were earned. You get 3 per week by completing streaks of challenges. they didn't just appear in my pocket randomly without any input to me. By your logic, nobody has earned anything in the game, the rewards you get by playing and accomplishing things are "merely additions tacked on to the game."

Jagex admitted they screwed up the implementation of the hero pass, so why not un-botch the things they screwed up, instead of leaving in everything half screwed up. They ought to just return everything and leave the progess it granted, if it costs them a little bit of profit, so be it. They should have read the overall situation better instead of rushing in another money grab system

"If you purchased Premier Pass prior to this news post and no longer want it, or you are unhappy about any other purchase please contact customer support for a refund."

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/hero-pass---player-feedback-update-2

Jagex already told you IF you are not happy about your purchase PRIOR to the update, you can contact them.

14-Oct-2023 18:26:44

Quick find code: 15-16-92-66288513 Back to Top