Quick find code: 15-16-865-66290688

SlR

SlR

Posts: 4,381 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Putting up a thread so people can discuss and help each-other out. Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

20-Nov-2023 13:16:28

SlR

SlR

Posts: 4,381 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quest help

The quest is pretty straight forward, I can't imagine people having much trouble with it. But if you are stuck on a part, leave a message below and someone (or myself) will help.
https://youtu.be/lpnUV8BfOXA?si=8u7xw7bIwKpjQwR2 - If you need a run-through

Vorkath

I've found the easiest way to defeat him in normal mode is with Tank necromancy gear and Soul Split. Also, he's pretty tanky, so my advice would be to take a Mammoth familiar with rocktails (to eat and not drain adrenaline). Use the ballista whenever it is available until Phase-3 because you'll want to have it ready when Vorgath flys. The main thing to remember is to Resonance when he's about to do his ice attack and then be ready to Freedom and Bladed Dive away from the smoke. Keep an eye out for pink ghosts that will heal him and kill the shield minions when he has a green dome over him. When Vorkath is defeated, swich to pray-necro for Zemo. If you're struggling with anything else more specific, comment below.

Drops

https://runescape.wiki/w/Zemouregal_%26_Vorkath_loot_(normal)
Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

20-Nov-2023 13:16:52 - Last edited on 21-Nov-2023 13:48:50 by SlR

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am going to demolish Vorkath and Zemouregal now for the next few days until Thanksagiving.

Anybody knows if the new boss encounter drops Ancient Scales? If not then ED1 is well worth doing going forward. I don't know whether the new boss is easy or hard to me yet, but I am pretty sure I can do well in ED1. That will be a good thing. :)

20-Nov-2023 16:14:49

Real_Avenger
Nov Member 2016

Real_Avenger

Posts: 922 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Once you have done the quest there will be a statue in the town hall in the Fort, or by portal in Wars Retreat you can use as an instance, then you need to either do the 3 pillar beams or just run south west and do the last beam to start the fight but this turns on any mechanics you have not disabled from the beams on normal mode. Good luck.

20-Nov-2023 16:58:11

Mini JIT
Oct Member 2014

Mini JIT

Posts: 2,211 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
33k slayer xp and 27 reaper points for normal mode, story mode does not count. Been using 2-piece crypt and 3-piece deathwarden with ani dead spell. Salve ammy seems to be slightly faster kills but changed to EoF for better healing and less food use (6.5 mins V 7 mins.) Vulnerability bombs work well.

Not sure the difference between the green and pink blobs on the ground but been avoiding both. Make sure to heal BOB after every kill or use prism of restoration as it does take damage.

Edit: May as well kill all the minions at the first 2 place of power as they will follow you anyway and you take loads of damage by the time you get to the 3 rd spot.

Would be nice if the drops were noted, I know they go in the bank if full but still pointless having items like dragon hides/scales and salvage un-noted.

20-Nov-2023 22:07:42 - Last edited on 20-Nov-2023 22:43:54 by Mini JIT

H 1 L D A
Apr Member 2020

H 1 L D A

Posts: 1,666 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It may just be me - but normal mode's mechanics aren't super forgiving...like at all.

If the Undead Giants are going to be supply drains like that, Jagex might wanna consider putting harsh-but-present drop rates on uniques in Story Mode. Those things (and the mobs) -HURT- and they don't die easily.

The resulting issue with that is that instead of there being a base difficulty with the Hard Mode being increased difficulty, it just reassigns aspects of difficulty to different aspects of the entire encounter.

Real choice is better than the illusion of the choice, the best fix would be to
nerf the mob damage and defenses of the undead giants - and make Hard Mode a desirable target on the flip side, with either improved (or further improved) rates to compensate.
Quest Cape Owner since 2021

Maxed
- July 31st, 2022

21-Nov-2023 02:18:20

Quick find code: 15-16-865-66290688 Back to Top