Forums

Ring of Death charges

Quick find code: 15-16-850-66271647

Matuhar
Feb Member 2011

Matuhar

Posts: 644 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I've noticed that the ring doesn't use any charges when the effect triggers. I find this to be pretty bizarre.

Before this update, the ring would use
30%
of an onyx and save you from:
~ An expensive death cost
~ Famililar dying
~ Losing some other bonuses

Now, the ring uses
0%
of an onyx and saves you from
all previous things
(albeit the death costs are now much cheaper) but also grants you a
chance to finish your boss kill
(which I reckon is taken advantage of in majority of cases and that is actually yuge ).

All things considered, I think the ring's effect is now better than what it used to be, so it seems fair to revert the ring's charge drain to what it's always been;
30%
of an onyx upon it's effect taking place.

10-Jan-2023 13:24:22 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2023 13:26:01 by Matuhar

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is definitely good to the players actually. RoD is actually buffed.

Onyxes are already at high alch prices. The changes on RoD including that on charges won't affect gp added/removed anyway.

The end result is we the players are getting better quality on RoD without having any change to the economy.

11-Jan-2023 17:50:30

Matuhar
Feb Member 2011

Matuhar

Posts: 644 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Making RoD not use charges upon it's activation certainly does affect the economy. Even if onyxes remain at alch price regardless, each ring activation would still take 30% of an onyx that would otherwise be alched for 1080k, which would be added to the game. So 324k gp would effectively be taken out of the game for every ring activation. It would also ensure that you have to pay a reasonable price for a very good effect.

11-Jan-2023 21:01:00

XSlay4DeathX
Mar Member 2007

XSlay4DeathX

Posts: 2,634 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Roddy Piper said :
It is strange, especially if you consider most of the onyxes that were being used in the ring of death will go straight to the alch machines instead.

Obviously it should require charges.

I think onyx's are crashing, today alone i bought 13 onyx's under 760k, did jagex do the math on how much onyx's were removed from game via Ring of Death? Oh of course not.....Logical thinking only goes so far with them. ;)

none the less i enjoy the sales.

-----

I agree though, RoD needs to use charges still, onyx's buying for under 760k wasn't caused by this update btw, I'v been buying onyx's for that price for months. BUT....them buying from new offers not aging 1 month+ is new.

16-Jan-2023 04:14:15

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

XSlay4DeathX said :
Roddy Piper said :
It is strange, especially if you consider most of the onyxes that were being used in the ring of death will go straight to the alch machines instead.

I think onyx's are crashing, today alone i bought 13 onyx's under 760k, did jagex do the math on how much onyx's were removed from game via Ring of Death? Oh of course not.....Logical thinking only goes so far with them. ;)

-----

I agree though, RoD needs to use charges still, onyx's buying for under 760k wasn't caused by this update btw, I'v been buying onyx's for that price for months. BUT....them buying from new offers not aging 1 month+ is new.

I am not sure about many players selling onyx under 760k but I am 100% sure wise players aren't going to cut their onyxes and sell them for a low price of 760k when they can just high alch uncut onyx for 1.08 mil each.

Most onyxes come into RS3 in their uncut form, it is really not an issue at all.

16-Jan-2023 16:33:38

XSlay4DeathX
Mar Member 2007

XSlay4DeathX

Dilbert2001 said :
XSlay4DeathX said :
Roddy Piper said :

-----

I am not sure about many players selling onyx under 760k but I am 100% sure wise players aren't going to cut their onyxes and sell them for a low price of 760k when they can just high alch uncut onyx for 1.08 mil each.

Most onyxes come into RS3 in their uncut form, it is really not an issue at all.

They are, i'm buying Cut ones, another 20 bought overnight @ 750, 001, do 750002 and beat my offer, test it. I have 80+ onyx's now, don't need anymore lol. I currently have offer for 710001, i hope they don't buy lol.

cut Onyx's are now crashing, i might try an offer 650k, I find GE funny. Maybe jagex should fix it. :P

LOOK;
https://secure.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/Onyx/viewitem?obj=6573

I can't post the history as it's bugged and not displaying what i sold/bought yesterday for some reason. That GE graph proves i didn't photoshop this.

16-Jan-2023 17:46:14 - Last edited on 16-Jan-2023 18:12:15 by XSlay4DeathX

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

XSlay4DeathX said :
Dilbert2001 said :
XSlay4DeathX said :
Roddy Piper said :

-----

They are, i'm buying Cut ones, another 20 bought overnight @ 750, 001, do 750002 and beat my offer, test it. I have 80+ onyx's now, don't need anymore lol. I currently have offer for 710001, i hope they don't buy lol.

cut Onyx's are now crashing, i might try an offer 650k, I find GE funny. Maybe jagex should fix it. :P

Why should Jagex "fix" something not-so-wise players create? Perhaps they can educate players not to alch their uncut onyxes if they intend to get gp rather.

16-Jan-2023 18:08:39

XSlay4DeathX
Mar Member 2007

XSlay4DeathX

Dilbert2001 said :
XSlay4DeathX said :
Dilbert2001 said :
XSlay4DeathX said :
Roddy Piper said :

-----

Why should Jagex "fix" something not-so-wise players create? Perhaps they can educate players not to alch their uncut onyxes if they intend to get gp rather.

check my post above, i edited it to add my buys, cut onyx is now crashing hard

16-Jan-2023 18:13:56

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

XSlay4DeathX said :
Dilbert2001 said :
XSlay4DeathX said :
Dilbert2001 said :
XSlay4DeathX said :
Roddy Piper said :

-----

check my post above, i edited it to add my buys, cut onyx is now crashing hard

It won't change a thing as if needed, Jagex can just change the item "examine" or add a warning like "cutting onyx may be less profitable". Incredibly simple.

16-Jan-2023 18:33:44

Quick find code: 15-16-850-66271647 Back to Top