Forums

hate confirming passwords

Quick find code: 15-16-755-66289524

Fisktalon
Aug Member 2008

Fisktalon

Posts: 717 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
this required two step authenticator make me want to quit

How many hurdles will it be next week????

20 yrs no problem and today set up new account info because I had to or you would not let me play might leave before I actually get my 20 yr cape if I have to read an email every time I want to play is tedious
give me a way not to do it plz
fisktalon

30-Oct-2023 05:41:53

A  Cole
Nov Member 2003

A  Cole

Posts: 14,761 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It sounds like you've got a problem on your end.

The email verification should only be once a month or so. Once verified, you shouldn't have to type anything in to get into the game - it's simply one click of the mouse and you're in the lobby.

~A~

30-Oct-2023 17:23:44

Mini JIT
Oct Member 2014

Mini JIT

Posts: 2,211 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A  Cole said :
It sounds like you've got a problem on your end.

The email verification should only be once a month or so. Once verified, you shouldn't have to type anything in to get into the game - it's simply one click of the mouse and you're in the lobby.

~A~

If I use a vpn and change locations, then it sometimes asks for email verification again. On accounts using the same location it has never asked for verification even when deleted cache. Even on the beta it never asked.

30-Oct-2023 18:57:04

Kat Stryke

Kat Stryke

Posts: 2,058 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sounds dreadfully tedious, and really unwarranted.

I would not mind if all this would remain optional, to help those who do not feel safe using the internet unsupervised. Others of us already have safeguards in place, and do not require net-nannying, thank you.
I've been putting out fire with gasoline! ^_^

Kat's Diary

31-Oct-2023 20:19:13

A  Cole
Nov Member 2003

A  Cole

Posts: 14,761 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mini JIT said :
If I use a vpn and change locations, then it sometimes asks for email verification again. On accounts using the same location it has never asked for verification even when deleted cache. Even on the beta it never asked.
Ah thank you. It must just be the website access I'm thinking of.

Kat Stryke said :
Sounds dreadfully tedious, and really unwarranted.
This is the thing. It's actually less tedious.

You don't even have to type in your username and password. This applies to both game and website.

My experience of having to get an email code only occurs when logging into the website, and this is only once or twice a month. Overall, it's much, much easier.

Applejuiceaj's
response on sums it up quite nicely. If you have any further questions after reading his response, it's probably best to ask there so he can see it.

~A~

31-Oct-2023 20:54:08

SlR

SlR

Posts: 4,381 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mini JIT said :
If you log into the game lobby first, then click on 1 of the news posts, it should auto log you into the forums. It does log you out after an hour or 2 so just repeat.

This is a game-changer! and more people need to know about it! cheers!
I've been less active on the forums because of their 2-step authentication; having to type in my email, then confusing password, then find my phone to pull up the authenticator. Effort!

Then again, if its effort for us to log in then it's effort / harder for hackers, silver lining.
Bob says:
A bank PIN will keep your items secure.
Always check the second trade screen.
Never trade in the Wilderness!
Keep your computer keylogger-free and virus scanned.
Never give your password out to anyone.

01-Nov-2023 10:39:42 - Last edited on 01-Nov-2023 10:42:28 by SlR

Quick find code: 15-16-755-66289524 Back to Top