Forums

Steelseries giveaway

Quick find code: 15-16-730-66279092

azria luxe
Oct Member 2022

azria luxe

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is what I found on SteelSeries website: Runescape Giveaway us up. And here's the rest:
HOW TO GET YOUR GIVEAWAY
1. Download and Install SteelSeries' GG Software.

2. Create or sign into your SteelSeries account.

3. Go to the "Giveaways" tab in GG and claim your code.

27-Apr-2023 18:24:16

Knight Scope
Apr Member 2005

Knight Scope

Posts: 310 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What they dont tell you is you MUST download they "GG" software to get the code. However when you get the code, you go to redeem the code and get "Your account has already redeemed the maximum number of codes in this promotion. " on the Jagex redeem code site. I submitted a "lost items" report. I'll update if this works

27-Apr-2023 18:26:11

1st Conquest

1st Conquest

Posts: 565 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Knight Scope said :
What they dont tell you is you MUST download they "GG" software to get the code. However when you get the code, you go to redeem the code and get "Your account has already redeemed the maximum number of codes in this promotion. " on the Jagex redeem code site. I submitted a "lost items" report. I'll update if this works

Yup, they don't work.
I've gone from an activity player to an inactive player.

27-Apr-2023 19:13:13

Knight Scope
Apr Member 2005

Knight Scope

Posts: 310 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indeed, the codes are now working as intended.

Some advice though, If you have more then one account or more then one person with an account in your house hold; you must sign-up/ register each on a separate computer. You only need to install GG on one and sign in and out for each account, but registering with Steelseries leaves a marker in the registry that only allows a single user.

27-Apr-2023 23:42:01

Kat Stryke

Kat Stryke

Posts: 2,010 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
WTF happened to SteelSeries?!

The first time around, I received my code and got the items offered with no problems.

Now I can't even log in to the site, and multiple attempts to request an E-mail to reset my password go ignored - though I am pretty sure I typed my pass correctly.

There was also no requirement to download and install software before. I am suspicious.

Jagex: "We care about your account security, so we will be making it as difficult and as much of a pain in the ass as we can for you to access your account."

Also Jagex: "Hey kids! Download and install this third-party software to get free stuff!"

O_o

If it looks like a scam, acts like a scam, and feels like a scam...it's probably a scam.
I've been putting out fire with gasoline! ^_^

Kat's Diary

09-May-2023 20:48:50 - Last edited on 09-May-2023 20:50:35 by Kat Stryke

Quick find code: 15-16-730-66279092 Back to Top