Forums

Invention XP rates need fix! Thread is locked

Quick find code: 15-16-73-66285707

Sad Ends
Aug Member 2023

Sad Ends

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dear Jagex,

Since the fantastic new update featuring the new skill "Necromancy," we have been thoroughly enjoying playing RS3 once again! I am incredibly pleased with the new skill, and I must say that your development team has achieved an outstanding accomplishment. However, along with the Necromancy update, there were also several changes made, which included Elite Dungeon 3, also known as Shadow Reef. The XP rates have been altered, and this is a critical concern.

Why? Not particularly because of the combat XP, but due to the invention XP we receive when engaging in Shadow Reefs with our weapons and armor. The XP rate for leveling up items has now become extremely low. It takes me several days to be able to disassemble an augmented weapon or armor for XP and components. While a significant portion of the player base may already have reached 120 Invention, I am at level 87, and this has become a significant impediment to progressing in this elite skill.

Could you please consider finding a solution for this issue? Currently, it takes several hours to bring an item to level 10, and this is a serious problem. This also means that components are becoming insufficient, and achieving 120 Invention, for those who haven't already, turns into a task spanning thousands of hours of gameplay. I have examined various monsters and options, but it has become incredibly challenging to bring a Tier 70 weapon/armor to the appropriate level for some XP and components.

Please, Jagex, come up with a suitable solution that doesn't compromise the in-game enjoyment.

Sincerely,
Sad Ends
Love for mmo’s

22-Aug-2023 21:48:42

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There are actually better places to level up combat and hence your invention levels if you go that combat route. In some cases, that may even be quite profitable too because many bosses get their xp buffed a lot. Bosses didn't give much xp before the update so not many players level up combat with bosses but now they do.

You can also check out new guides on where to go with combat xp (and therefore Invention xp). I think the RS Wiki has updates on the new and better training methods too.

However, this meta may change soon when the next Necromancy updates come out in November, if not earlier.

22-Aug-2023 22:45:39

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,683 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Duplicate thread closed.

Please remember that posting the same discussion in more than one Forum or posting more than once in the same Forum makes it difficult to figure out which thread to use and pushes other player’s threads off the Forums that much faster.

Do your best to choose the most appropriate Forum for your topic and just post it once. If your thread is posted in the correct Forum, then those that are interested in that topic will find it when they search in that Forum.

Your thread that was moved to the Existing Game Content Forum , has been left open for you to continue using.
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

23-Aug-2023 00:00:52

Quick find code: 15-16-73-66285707 Back to Top