Forums

composting bins

Quick find code: 15-16-727-66266448

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,634 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't understand these bins at all.......

I use to get the option of adding dragon manure, closing lid and then getting ultra compost that could be sold at GE.

I get into game this week and discover my compost bin has 63 "regular" compost in it to be taken out; and there is no option of adding dragon manure.

Seems we have to add 2 extra ingredients to get the ultra compost; and I have no interest in wasting my time collecting those...not even knowing if there will be an "add" option to the bin when I do.

Soooooooooo disappointed.............................
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

11-Nov-2022 20:02:45

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,258 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You use whatever you want to compost on the bin, it does its magic over the next 10 minutes and you can take out the compost again - no need to fully fill it up, no need to close it after it's full (would be harsh considering it now can store 1k compostable things and 1k compost) no need to take any regard on whatever already is in (so you can't degrade your ultra compost to regular one anymore). Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

12-Nov-2022 06:16:55

Deus Damorte
Aug Member 2009

Deus Damorte

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The best part of the updates to compost bins is that you have to count the number of buckets of manure you want to add, or just hold down a number like 9 and end up trying to deposit 999,999,999 buckets of manure.
I get it that maybe someone has 1 billion noted watermelons and does not want to add all of them, but why can't it just add all of the manure like before?
Is this what is called a Negative Feature?
if so, Great Work Jagex!

14-Dec-2022 05:45:55

a Failure
Jul Member 2005

a Failure

Posts: 1,669 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
jodie said :

Seems we have to add 2 extra ingredients to get the ultra compost; and I have no interest in wasting my time collecting those...not even knowing if there will be an "add" option to the bin when I do.

Any dragon manure added will become ultracompost just like before. However, I think when they converted the bins to the new style, whatever ultracompost was already in them at the time became normal compost - at least mine did.

14-Dec-2022 12:29:08

Quick find code: 15-16-727-66266448 Back to Top