Forums

Yak Track Skips Gone

Quick find code: 15-16-420-66286474

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Any bought or earned Yak-Skips will be awarded as Hero Pass levels automatically, applied as a ratio of 1 Skip : 1 Level.

Challenge Skip tokens will be automatically converted to Hero Points, used to progress Hero Pass levels, at a ratio of 1 Token : 125 Hero Points

They aren't just "gone" but turned into Hero Levels automatically.

05-Sep-2023 00:00:39

Voreo

Voreo

Posts: 51 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It should not of been automatically. All previous skips should of been skips YOU the user choose to use yourself not Jagex. Automatic skips are only acceptable if you already own the pass.

So now im out all my skips and half of that I can't even get because half of the content skipped is behind Premier which in itself is overpriced. Not to mention I effectively had enough skips to equal out to 4 bonds. Which would of been the far nicer thing to have than levels.

I feel scammed.

(And by premier I mean the thing that costs 3-4 bonds, not the membership)
Rawr~

05-Sep-2023 00:11:43 - Last edited on 05-Sep-2023 00:36:13 by Voreo

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Yak Track is gone, so there is absolutely nothing you can choose to do with Skips on the non-existing Yak Tracks. Old content got removed or replaced with new ones often with Jagex's Runescape games. For instance, when they removed BH, they converted old emblems and such to something else in Jagex's Runescape games. So what?

Besides, please check out the reward lists, now even without Premier track, free track players will get 54 Cosmetics compared to 2 for Yak Track. A big increase in rewards here.

05-Sep-2023 00:35:09

Voreo

Voreo

I had gained 29 levels, and of that only 16 items are on the free tiers, there is 20 items I am not getting because its locked behind the paid part of the pass. So its still very scummy to me.

Would of preferred the choice of using skips when I wanted to since I havn't played RS since I maxed last year. Way to many other games occupying my time right now. So it still stinks to miss out on things earned that I cannot claim, regardless the content of those tiers. It's the principal of the whole mess.
Rawr~

05-Sep-2023 00:44:10 - Last edited on 05-Sep-2023 00:49:34 by Voreo

Mini JIT
Oct Member 2014

Mini JIT

Posts: 2,211 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If people paid real money for an item, then it might be against the law for Jagex to convert and auto redeem into something totally different.....Needs looking into.

Either they should have converted them back into bonds or given the players a choice on when to use them.

Not everyone cares about silly cosmetics.

05-Sep-2023 00:52:41

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Voreo said :
I had gained 29 levels, and of that only 16 items are on the free tiers, there is 20 items I am not getting because its locked behind the paid part of the pass. So its still very scummy to me.

Would of preferred the choice of using skips when I wanted to since I havn't played RS since I maxed last year. Way to many other games occupying my time right now. So it still stinks to miss out on things earned that I cannot claim, regardless the content of those tiers. It's the principal of the whole mess.

Do you know we had 2 to 5 cosmetics on all the free Yak Tracks? 16 cosmetics on free Hero track are far more than 2 to 5 on the free Yak Tracks obviously.

05-Sep-2023 00:58:43

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Mini JIT said :
If people paid real money for an item, then it might be against the law for Jagex to convert and auto redeem into something totally different.....Needs looking into.

Either they should have converted them back into bonds or given the players a choice on when to use them.

Not everyone cares about silly cosmetics.

Please go ask the governments then? I don't think law works the way you think, or else OSRS BH could definitely not be brought back and Emir Arena would not be here either, especially now there is also "gambling" (simulation) factor between players involved there. I believe Jagex knew real laws better than you.

05-Sep-2023 01:02:48

Voreo

Voreo

Dilbert2001 said :
Voreo said :

Do you know we had 2 to 5 cosmetics on all the free Yak Tracks? 16 cosmetics on free Hero track are far more than 2 to 5 on the free Yak Tracks obviously.

That's fine and dandy, but my point is I didn't ask for them to be used on this Pass. What if i wanted them used on another pass when Im actually playing instead. Im out that luxury now.
Rawr~

05-Sep-2023 01:07:44

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Voreo said :
Dilbert2001 said :
Voreo said :

That's fine and dandy, but my point is I didn't ask for them to be used on this Pass. What if i wanted them used on another pass when Im actually playing instead. Im out that luxury now.

Did you ask for a new skill? Plenty of us didn't ask for Necromancy or any new skills but Jagex doesn't have to do thing anybody asked for. I didn't ask for my bounty emblems among other rewards being converted or removed neither but so what?

05-Sep-2023 01:11:17

Quick find code: 15-16-420-66286474 Back to Top