Forums

"Unfix" the Wild Sword!

Quick find code: 15-16-191-66277710

Jazz X
Mar Member 2014

Jazz X

Posts: 147 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why did you try to patch, "fix", the wild sword? It was not broken and now it is.

The wild sword used to tele you to Edgeville as it's first option. This allowed a quick access to the 2 NPCs running the wild events for further tele and it was one of the very few tele's that you could use from level 30 wild which was great for doing bloodweed herb runs.

Thanks you your recent "fix" (which nobody asked for by the way) it now takes twice as long to right click and use the options AND it no longer functions with single clicks on the action bar.

Please stop "fixing" things that are not broken!

You've already broken and patched this back in 2018, and now again. Patched on 9 April 2018 after the Ninja team broke it on 3 April 2018 in the same way you've just done AGAIN.

So you broke it in April 2018, fixed it a week later, and now you go ahead and undo your fix, breaking it again in 2023?

Patch 9 April 2018 (Update):
The Wilderness swords once again have their action bars left click set as the Edgeville teleport.

Ninja 3 April 2018 (Update):
The locations you can teleport with the Wilderness sword have been added as right click options when worn.

04-Apr-2023 02:16:10 - Last edited on 04-Apr-2023 06:30:01 by Jazz X

Immortalized
Mar Member 2006

Immortalized

Posts: 34,072 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
this is kinda funny cuz you would think when a jmod works on an update there would be some comments around the block of code they're writing that indicates what was changed and why... or that they would at least review the last edits to the code and the PR... but nahhh lol

at this point i don't care. i think i've seen some people rebuy the wildy sword lvl 1 just for the quick tele to edgeville. so perhaps that's a better longterm strategy. did you know you can buy lvl 1 if you own lvl 4? some update over the years lets you reobtain the lower tiers now
Buy Zemomarks / Chromatic Partyhats safely here

Migrating to Discord per forum shutdown: https://discord.gg/nTVk7RRzq4

04-Apr-2023 06:59:11

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,757 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If it was broken before it can be broken again. Considering there is no threat in the wild anymore, and the wilderness flash events, can the Edgeville teleport just be added to the spellbook?

IDK if it solves the exact problem here, but I would definitely use it. Like without the sword.
Same concept as the Kandarin Monastery and Skeletal Horror teleports.

04-Apr-2023 12:28:12

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,757 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Immortalized said :
only backpack item teleports get added to spellbook

I don't understand the difference. Isn't the wilderness sword a backpack item?

From the information in the patch notes, and the recent change it seems like the ninjas want the teleport to go to the herb patch but the players want Edgeville.

I'm saying just eliminate the problem and make the Edgeville teleport a reward that doesn't require the sword. You would still need it to do the other teleports.

As a plus, I can get the better teleport when going to flash events without having the sword on me. Which I never do. Why would I?

04-Apr-2023 15:12:45

Jazz X
Mar Member 2014

Jazz X

Posts: 147 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ty all.

Many of us also still skull occasionally, to run runes or to buy items in the Bandit Camp shop.

Breaking the wildy (level 4 sword) means we have to evade cause its pretty unlikely your going to be able to right click and chose an option before your teleblocked.

These days I'm not PKing and just bringing elder rune, wild sword, and a defender, so making the wall if attacked shouldn't be a problem but I shouldn't have to run, should be able to one click teleport like before.

I'll try the level 1 wild sword as suggested above I guess. Thank you for the tip but it shouldn't have been an issue or "fixed" in the first place.

Jagex has fallen woefully short of ways to tele from level 30 wild, the wildy sword was the only viable method that didn't require right clicks and/or chat boxes unless you were here for the Battle for Lumbridge Wars and got the tokens which happen to have a teleport function good to level 30 wild.

04-Apr-2023 16:33:58

Quick find code: 15-16-191-66277710 Back to Top