Forums

New Scan Clue Noise

Quick find code: 15-16-183-66281748

Sam Onemo
Sep Member 2010

Sam Onemo

Posts: 528 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The scan clue hot/cold sound was updated today should be reversed. It does not add any value other than a load noise that sounds like its saying, "he lied". You now have to pay attention to the original sound layered under the new noise. Please reverse, this is not a helpful update.

12-Jun-2023 21:42:59

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Different players have different opinions. That's why we have this COMMUNITY Hitlist update.

Bear in mind this update is what the entire RS3 COMMUNITY who are not disinterested in the game voted for. I am just glad RS3 is giving us this sound due to the loud voices of the entire RS3 COMMUNITY who are interested in the game. :)

12-Jun-2023 22:08:16

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,757 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I tried to convince myself this would work. I finished one elite clue. Barely.

But there is no way I can use it.

So there are 3 sounds. (I think)

The first one sounds like a fire alarm inside a factory that makes fire alarms. The pulses seem to interrupt the activity in my brain, leaving me to wander in previously known locations. That is not helpful!

The 2nd sound is a beep. That might be useful. It definitely sounds different than the first sound. But I have no idea, because my brain is not available to review the sound quality.

The 3rd sound might be the original sound used to show that you are nearby. It seems to be, but I can't be sure. That one is OK.

Did anyone listen to the first sound before unleashing it upon us? Can we try the original first sound with the beep? Maybe a beep beta?

If Jagex wants to know what it is like, just check out "Blinking, Beeping and Flashing" on the Youtube.

It looks like William Shatner, but that's also me trying to logout of the game during a scan clue.

13-Jun-2023 01:39:26

Sam Onemo
Sep Member 2010

Sam Onemo

Posts: 528 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After doing a few clues, I can only assume a bug and the wrong sound files were used. Since the original sound is under the fire alarm. I try to work with that. I'm working on the collections but did more hard clues today.

I put in a bug report so someone takes a listen and confirms that this is what they meant to do.

The only problem with original sound was the volume, I just raised it during clues and lower after I was done. If they tweak the volume, that would have been fine.

13-Jun-2023 03:37:54

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,469 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Different players have different opinions. That's why we have this COMMUNITY Hitlist update.

Bear in mind this update is what the entire RS3 COMMUNITY who are not disinterested in the game voted for. I am just glad RS3 is giving us this sound due to the loud voices of the entire RS3 COMMUNITY who are interested in the game. :)

Actualy the community wanted A sound - that doesn't mean they all like the one that was actually added.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

13-Jun-2023 07:13:17

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,679 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Speak for yourself, I didn't vote for the sound to be annoying

13-Jun-2023 07:15:03

Kofal
Sep Member 2004

Kofal

Posts: 649 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The penguin spy device sound has changed too and it is so annoying! It doesn't alert you with a different sound when a penguin has been spotted like it used to. I haven't done clues yet, but can only imagine from your description. Can't we have a pleasant sound that is a high enough volume to hear?
=
=
=
=
=
=

13-Jun-2023 13:40:37 - Last edited on 13-Jun-2023 13:41:18 by Kofal

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

Actualy the community wanted A sound - that doesn't mean they all like the one that was actually added.

I doubt it, as the "sound" was already here. They wanted a different and more distinct sound instead.

13-Jun-2023 17:31:51

Quick find code: 15-16-183-66281748 Back to Top