Forums

State of the game Thread is locked

Quick find code: 14-15-980-66287496

zoomer428
Oct Member 2022

zoomer428

Posts: 144 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I hope this is the correct forum, this is a very general post.

With all the content creators for rs3 going to osrs, even those that had started rs3 post eoc I think it may be time that I fully go to old school. I hadn't wanted to because obviously this game is hard to grind ( I've been playing for over 15 years total) but now I feel the time may be coming. They even say we are keeping their game free of mtx because we have all the mtx whales. We don't even have as many players. Who knows how many alts are on too. Its just all a lot and it doesn't seem like the mods are liking it either. They're about to leave in waves. The companies being sold. I think the nails are being set in the coffin, ironic with necromancy releasing. I love the game to bits as everyone does. But I for the first time needed to contact support and it was so, so difficult. Unlike back in the day when they actually had a full fledged support team. Rs3 players get no respect from the devs (aka more mtx, don't really listen as if they have the better ideas which may well be the case but) old school is just the bigger brother and we can't get out of its shadow from how much it shines.

I know these post come up all the time. But as a veteran player. I really do think the boats set sail

19-Sep-2023 18:32:02

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What all RS3 content creators going to OSRS? Don't you realize RS3 doesn't have any resident content creator, perhaps except TheRSGuy, but who is a student and not a full time content creator? Almost all RS3 content creators are variety streamers who play many games, not just RS3.

Jagex spend all their money to sponsor content creators for OSRS, and even so it is more like resident full time OSRS content creators like B0aty going to play ELDEN Ring recently even in the middle of OSRS Deadman Mode: Apocalypse. I don't know what Deadman and Apocalypse you see there though.

19-Sep-2023 20:58:14 - Last edited on 19-Sep-2023 21:02:23 by Dilbert2001

zoomer428
Oct Member 2022

zoomer428

Original message details are unavailable.
What all RS3 content creators going to OSRS? Don't you realize RS3 doesn't have any resident content creator, perhaps except TheRSGuy, but who is a student and not a full time content creator? Almost all RS3 content creators are variety streamers who play many games, not just RS3.

Jagex spend all their money to sponsor content creators for OSRS, and even so it is more like resident full time OSRS content creators like B0aty going to play ELDEN Ring recently even in the middle of OSRS Deadman Mode: Apocalypse. I don't know what Deadman and Apocalypse you see there though.

Have you not seen the videos currently being shoved out by content creators who almost exclusively make videos and stream runescape. obviously gamers arent only playing rs, but people who do play rs play rs a LOT. Specifically i saw maikeru said he was going to go to osrs and pop back in on rs3 during updates, he also mentioned he and other rs3 streamers are going to try to do a osrs group thing. Which implies other streamers are out too. I mean have you seen what the content creators takes have been? they all pretty much align with the player base. And I have only watched a little of deadman and apocalypse because honestly seeing osrs makes me upset. Its what this game should have been. And ive put so much time into rs3 from over a decade ago to now. I just got my quest cape. The game feels hollow. Every update that comes out seems like they want this to be a mobile game (not necromancy but you know which ones im referring to) And even the mods are leaving. The mods realise whats happening. When osrs players say, thanks for keeping osrs mtx free by having rs3 be all mtx.... its honestly heartbreaking because its true. nobody wants to play a mtx ridden mobile up in your face game. maybe i should just make the transition but its like tearing a piece of me away.

19-Sep-2023 22:55:23 - Last edited on 19-Sep-2023 23:00:46 by zoomer428

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Have you not seen the videos currently being shoved out by content creators who almost exclusively make videos and stream runescape. obviously gamers arent only playing rs, but people who do play rs play rs a LOT. Specifically i saw maikeru said he was going to go to osrs and pop back in on rs3 during updates, he also mentioned he and other rs3 streamers are going to try to do a osrs group thing. Which implies other streamers are out too. I mean have you seen what the content creators takes have been? they all pretty much align with the player base. And I have only watched a little of deadman and apocalypse because honestly seeing osrs makes me upset. Its what this game should have been. And ive put so much time into rs3 from over a decade ago to now. I just got my quest cape. The game feels hollow. Every update that comes out seems like they want this to be a mobile game (not necromancy but you know which ones im referring to) And even the mods are leaving. The mods realise whats happening. When osrs players say, thanks for keeping osrs mtx free by having rs3 be all mtx.... its honestly heartbreaking because its true. nobody wants to play a mtx ridden mobile up in your face game. maybe i should just make the transition but its like tearing a piece of me away.

Don't they have names please?

19-Sep-2023 22:59:44

zoomer428
Oct Member 2022

zoomer428

Other than maikeru currently i do not think so. But like i said, he mentioned its a group of rs3 streamers and cc. Not just him. Init, protox, all of the big names are making videos on this. its not good. it for the first time for me just feels like the game is in its coffin. I mean nec is great for new players a direction they need to go in. But its a double edged sword. its supposed to be a 120 skill, but practically stops at 99. no biggie imo. but then hero pass. and its not the first time any of this stuff has happened. And now mods are leaving. https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/16mpjk3/maikeru_explaining_why_hes_moving_to_osrs_and_his/

19-Sep-2023 23:03:41 - Last edited on 19-Sep-2023 23:04:10 by zoomer428

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Other than maikeru currently i do not think so. But like i said, he mentioned its a group of rs3 streamers and cc. Not just him. Init, protox, all of the big names are making videos on this. its not good. it for the first time for me just feels like the game is in its coffin. I mean nec is great for new players a direction they need to go in. But its a double edged sword. its supposed to be a 120 skill, but practically stops at 99. no biggie imo. but then hero pass. and its not the first time any of this stuff has happened. And now mods are leaving. https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/16mpjk3/maikeru_explaining_why_hes_moving_to_osrs_and_his/

Your link:
"Oops, something went wrong, please try again later."

Let's see the actual fact from Twitch:

https://twitchtracker.com/maikeru/games

Maikeru played 39 games, not just RS3.

Didn't you write on your very first sentence of this thread?

"With all the content creators for rs3 going to osrs..."

How come all you can name is maikeru only... and your link and page even exist at this moment?

19-Sep-2023 23:15:27 - Last edited on 19-Sep-2023 23:16:21 by Dilbert2001

zoomer428
Oct Member 2022

zoomer428

dude im not trying to argue im just here talking about what everyone is. And i never said these people ONLY play runescape. actually i said the opposite. No gamer only plays one game thats so irrational of a thought. HOWEVER. Most runescape players do tend to put extreme amounts of time into this game compared to other games. Anyways back to the topic. Im not arguing. Mods are leaving. Tubers are leaving and i dont think your even reading what im writing thoroughly tbh. I mentioned a couple others ( im not huge into the scene) I just want this game to thrive and this is all so frustrating.

19-Sep-2023 23:20:18

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

dude im not trying to argue im just here talking about what everyone is. And i never said these people ONLY play runescape. actually i said the opposite. No gamer only plays one game thats so irrational of a thought. HOWEVER. Most runescape players do tend to put extreme amounts of time into this game compared to other games. Anyways back to the topic. Im not arguing. Mods are leaving. Tubers are leaving and i dont think your even reading what im writing thoroughly tbh. I mentioned a couple others ( im not huge into the scene) I just want this game to thrive and this is all so frustrating.

If you are here talking about "what everyone is" then give us facts we can see and discuss.

So what if one streamer who streams RS3 among many other games wants to try OSRS? It doesn't mean a thing to the state of RS3. Likewise, we have seen many (note: meaning more than just one) OSRS players playing RS3 and not just for one day too. So what? Don't the likes of Sick_Nerd, A Friend etc who used to play OSRS a lot also happened to play RS3 among other many other games too?

I also mentioned the huggeeee OSRS officially recommended streamer B0aty has been playing Elden Ring now. OSRS also can't afford to keep bigger streamers like MOONMOON for long. What do you see of the state of OSRS?

Last but not least, even the sole RS3 resident student streamer, TheRSGuy, has once played OSRS Infernal too last year. But what did it mean? Nothing to the state of RS3 and OSRS at all. OSRS might think getting TheRSGuy to say something good about OSRS and teach Infernal would help them but the actual fact and state were when RS3 players weren't interested in OSRS content like Infernal nothing really mattered regardless.

19-Sep-2023 23:28:57 - Last edited on 20-Sep-2023 00:11:01 by Dilbert2001

zoomer428
Oct Member 2022

zoomer428

You guys must have missed the memo. I tried linking but apparently im too stupid to understand how hyperlinks work here. Anyways its not just switching. Some of the bigger rs3 cc are literally halfway to hanging up their hat with rs3. Not completely, but basically they only want to make content when a actually good patch comes out. And not necessarily be playing the game.

20-Sep-2023 01:46:11

Quick find code: 14-15-980-66287496 Back to Top