Forums

what is your fondest RS memory

Quick find code: 14-15-950-66283515

Acaeus Vinn

Acaeus Vinn

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Runescape, for me, was a stepping stone into the MMORPG world. I went from playing RS, to Guild Wars, to World of Warcraft, etc. If I were to say that this game didn't have a place in my heart, I'd be lying, as many memories (good and bad) came from this game.

One of my fondest memories is when I started a guild at a young age, around 12 or 13. I discovered it wasn't easy, but made some good friends through that guild that I have since lost contact with. I entered the wilderness with full Black Trimmed armor, got my rear end handed to me, and the guildies tried to cheer me up by giving me some things.

Another memory, bitter (albeit deserved), was when someone asked me for rune plate armor. I was going to be a jerk, and get his hopes up only to click decline at the trade confirmation screen, but accidentally clicked accept. My blood ran cold, and to nobodys surprise, i never got that rune plate armor back. I also learned the wrath of the forum banhammer by calling him out over the forum.

I've come a long way since then. 32, with other MMO experiences under my belt, but Runescape will always be my first.
John 4:20

14-Jul-2023 02:05:29

Jeremy C
Jun Member 2008

Jeremy C

Posts: 15,525 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here's a couple memories that stand out for me:

1. I remember saving up for my first rune battleaxe, which took me a long time way back in 2004. Once I bought it, I ran into the wilderness (only God knows why), skulled, died, and lost it. :(

2. I have fond memories of woodcutting with a group of friends regularly at yews and eventually magics. I loved logging in and chatting with my friends, and woodcutting ultimately ended up becoming my first 99 skill.

3. I used to be an avid PvPer in player-owned houses. Back in the 2008-2012 era, house parties were very popular (for many different reasons). One popular activity was PvPing in players' dungeons, which was a safe PvP activity. I remember PvPing almost every night (when I wasn't slaying), trying to kill players before they jumped back into the combat ring, where they could safely die. Dying outside the combat ring would only kick them out of the house to which they could simply re-enter (a minor inconvenience, but a worthy PvP goal to achieve).

4. I recall seeing my first 120 Dungeoneering cape and jumping on the hype train pretty quickly. I did a lot of Dungeoneering to unlock chaotic weapons for POH PvP, and when I was in the lower 100's I decided I'd aim for 120. Seeing the cape helped motivate me greatly. I ended up being somewhere around rank 400 to 120, and I loved wearing that cape.

5. I used to be a part of a fc called "w31 Barr0ws" and, as I'm sure you can imagine, we did a lot of barrows runs. That was a great group of friends. We would always share news on our loot (from barrows and slayer assignments) and lament in our dry streaks.
Jeremy C

14-Jul-2023 03:12:57

emotions
Jun Member 2019

emotions

Posts: 14,627 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When my school friends used to play with me and enjoyed holiday events. I used to make it my mission every year or (try to) go to them. Getting 60 attack :P Being able to finish horror from the deep was a miracle for me. :P

14-Jul-2023 13:54:52

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2001: when I first played this game when everybody gave me stuff or dropped them on the ground because banking space was very limited.

2013: when The World Wakes and then died. RS3 has become a storytelling and eventually episodic high fantasy adventure instead of just a hack and slack and Hiscores chasing aimlessly game since then.

14-Jul-2023 16:57:02

Magic Pengel
Sep Member 2022

Magic Pengel

Posts: 1,915 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Strangely, I had really enjoyed standing in the Falador park or the Varrock west bank areas buying items cheap and reselling them more expensive. The G.E. kinda' ruined that fun, for me. That was really the only community engagement we had back then when everyone would call eachother a noob for just existing in the same area as them :P . Times were certainly simple. - (Owner) Ornery Onions -
Prioritizing inclusion, friendliness and offering a helping hand to those that need it.

14-Jul-2023 20:37:26

Scouse
Feb Member 2018

Scouse

Posts: 29,038 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fondest memory to me means "the one you always remember"

I have so many of those memories which mostly include certain times with certain friends and don't get me wrong, i love every single one of those memories more than anyone could imagine <3

But as for the so called "fondest" memory....

The feeling i felt followed by the random shrieking that came out of my body "somehow lol" which had my mum shouting at me to STFU, WTF are you doing all that for which resulted in me proudly trying to explain to my parents about how i had just received a visage from chicken lair black dragons while un-controllably shaking throughout my whole body.

That may not sound like a memory to become fond of lol but believe me lol, if you where there at the time, you would know =)

As i said, i have had lots of great things to remember during my Runescape life but nothing could ever top that day lol.

Much love

Scouse - Only just stopped shaking haha.
[qfc id=]whatever[/qfc]
#JFT96
August 15th 2017, the day Jagex freed me
Liverpool is love, Liverpool is life

14-Jul-2023 21:58:35

Jeremy C
Jun Member 2008

Jeremy C

Posts: 15,525 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Magic Pengel said :
Strangely, I had really enjoyed standing in the Falador park or the Varrock west bank areas buying items cheap and reselling them more expensive. The G.E. kinda' ruined that fun, for me. That was really the only community engagement we had back then when everyone would call eachother a noob for just existing in the same area as them :P . Times were certainly simple.

Yes, I definitely remember pre-GE times where I had to sell all my loot and materials in Fally park or Seers' Village bank.

Sometimes it was so packed that I could only see a 3x3 square of players there on the trade worlds.
Jeremy C

15-Jul-2023 00:18:42

Quick find code: 14-15-950-66283515 Back to Top