Forums

Thats soon.

Quick find code: 14-15-912-66282822

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,168 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Apparently some people don't realize Necromancy is not just by far the largest skill in Jagex history, it is also the biggest update on a single piece of content.

Previously, Archaoelogy, the (then) XXL secret project took 15 months to develop. When Necromancy comes out in August, it will have 21 months of development time spent on it by a much bigger team, as we knew development of it started way back in December 2021. The RS3 team has just been developing this XXXXL project behind the scenes quietly, instead of beating the drums with high cost marketing campaigns and content creators, and giving us all kinds of roadmaps, sale pitches, refinements and whatnots that are visible but don't add a thing to the actual content of the project.

Some players, perhaps those who are disinterested in RS3 or didn't play it for 15 years, also don't seem to realize, very differently from the other 3 standard combat skills, Necromancy is focused on basic attacks.

Seeing is believing. Jagex has only shown us a tip of the iceberg of Necromancy through beta testers' videos, but we have already found a lot of totally game changing content like the 4th ever combat style and a combat skill can be fully trained effectively without any combat activities involved, that even primordial RSC veterans like myself haven't seen, and perhaps never thought of. And we haven't even gotten to the stories and great potential of future world building content in City of Um yet.

30-Jun-2023 17:57:26 - Last edited on 30-Jun-2023 18:13:02 by Dilbert2001

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

^^
Mod Hooli pretty much confirmed this:

"his has been our target time frame for some time now so nothing is being rushed.

The reason we're confirming the date much closer to launch than you'd expect is purely so we could give a date we're extremely confident in. We just left it till as late as possible in development - without being so late we aren't giving enough notice."
- JagexHooli

https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/14m8zjl/comment/jq3l1wb/?context=3

It is really great they have been sitting on this release date for Guthix knows how long, and more importantly they are
extremely confident
. I can understand that because if they have overhyped it and announced everything with sales pitches, refinement livestreams, developer blogs etc for over a year, the actual release of this game changing and ground breaking skill will have lost a lot of thunders by now.

01-Jul-2023 18:43:46

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

emotions said :
I'm looking forward to it :)

Many people I know are looking forward to Necromancy after seeing the trailer.

As Mod Hooli wrote on Reddit, they could have announced the release date much earlier, I think perhaps a year earlier, but IMO it would not be the wisest business decision as 2023 consumers aren't keen to all those pre-announcement and excessive sale pitches. They want to be able to see and play it as soon as possible so they can buy and stick with the product.

02-Jul-2023 15:37:22

Quick find code: 14-15-912-66282822 Back to Top