Forums

Heed my tale of woe

Quick find code: 14-15-784-66291418

Carlobrand
Jan Member 2022

Carlobrand

Posts: 1,245 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This was one seriously unlucky weekend for me.

I went into it with only 5 of 8 Vorkath shards in my possession. Seriously bad luck there, no shard from actively pursuing Slayer, took me forever to pick one up for mining, but I had a bit of time. Figured I could buy one, do the Zemouregal & Vorkath bit, and maybe crunch Agility or Thieving since Slayer wasn't working out.

And then my computer broke.

It was some sort of "DPC watchdog violation". Computer turned itself off, tried to turn back on, stalled and tried again, finally threw up a screen declaring the problem and suggesting some solutions. I spent an entire day diagnosing and trying various things to get it back up; no joy. Finally got another computer, spent some time trying to get that set up ...

I don't like to run just one account on a computer; too much risk if a virus gets in. I set the main to be an admin account, passworded that, and then set up an account where I'd be doing my gaming. However, when you set up a new profile/account on Windows 10 and don't give it Administrator privileges, the Jagex Launcher won't work right. I downloaded the launcher, installed it, ran it, and it kept checking for updates - over and over and over. Wouldn't start. Tried to find some record of that problem and a solution on-line; no luck. Tried to figure out if the virus protection was blocking it, never could figure it out, and I couldn't figure out a way to tell the virus protection to be nice to the launcher. Ended up having to give the game account Administrator privileges and its own password - and THEN the launcher ran normally. Important thing to remember.

... By the time all was said and done, I'd missed the Vorkath window. Also missed the end-date for the Hero Pass thing, ended up leaving several thousand underworld emblems unspent. Not a total loss, I'd spent several thousand already on some goodies, but I'd had my eye on a few others. Greatly disappointed. But, I'm back, that's the important thing.

05-Dec-2023 01:24:59

Magic Pengel
Sep Member 2022

Magic Pengel

Posts: 1,915 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
To me, it sounds like you tried your best to complete both goals. Though you may not have made it, as you said yourself, the content brought you back into this wonderful game that you clearly still enjoy ^_^ . Keep your head up and you'll absolutely kill it come the next promotion. - (Owner) Ornery Onions -
Prioritizing inclusion, friendliness and offering a helping hand to those that need it.

05-Dec-2023 05:17:41

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,469 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I sympathise (and empathise).

This is why I spend tokens from longer events as I go (rather than save them up for the end), and try to complete shorter events as soon as I can - because we never know what might happen tomorrow: power outages, computer failures, real life dramas that take us offline.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

05-Dec-2023 06:52:01

Carlobrand
Jan Member 2022

Carlobrand

Posts: 1,245 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am enjoying the game. What with the holiday events, the quests, the Treasure Trails, Slayer, and Necromancy now, there's a lot here to enjoy.

You were right! The curator in Burthorpe opens the Hero store. So relieved!

06-Dec-2023 00:31:32

Quick find code: 14-15-784-66291418 Back to Top