Forums

DELETE LAUNCHER

Quick find code: 14-15-658-66280623

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 25,052 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No. The launcher just simply handles authentication and launches the selected game.

Game stats and profile data is stored on the game itself, not the launcher.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

26-May-2023 01:13:34

Applejuiceaj
Nov
fmod Member

Applejuiceaj

Forum Moderator Posts: 45,000 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
So, how can I get my game back to what it was before? I simply signed in and used Authenticator. I made a mistake in choosing to try to link the two.

Once an account has been migrated to a Jagex account, it cannot be unlinked - the process is permanent.

You should still be able to play, though - simply log into the Jagex Launcher using the details that you used to create your Jagex Account (it should be an email and password, and then you should be prompted to enter either a code from your authenticator app or a code sent to your email, depending on what you've selected). You can then pick the character and game you want to play and launch the game.

If you don't have the Jagex Launcher, you can grab it from here:
https://www.jagex.com/en-GB/launcher

26-May-2023 03:26:18 - Last edited on 26-May-2023 03:26:56 by Applejuiceaj

YtHaar-Mej
Dec Member 2005

YtHaar-Mej

Posts: 25,052 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have uninstalled the launcher but it still sends me to that different sign-in page?? What can I do??

It sends you to the exact same login page the website uses. You enter your jagex account credentials, authenticate, and then you're set...just like what had to be done to access the forums.

I just want my game back the way it used to be. Please..,.

Jagex accounts are the new account system, and eventually all new accounts will be created as a Jagex Account....and all characters not imported to a Jagex Account will eventually be required to be migrated over to one before they can be used.

We're currently in a transition period to let people import their characters over, but this is how accounts will work in the next year.
Can I turn in a paper without citing all sources?
"No."[1]
1. William Shakespeare, Hamlet , Act III, Scene 1, line 96.

26-May-2023 03:40:24 - Last edited on 26-May-2023 03:43:55 by YtHaar-Mej

Yanarht
Jul Member 2012

Yanarht

Posts: 278 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have switched from the Runescape launcher to Jagex. I now have the icon on my desktop. It works and pulls up a screen that asks me what I want to do. When I click on PLAY, nothing happens.

Have I missed something?

26-May-2023 07:00:07

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,541 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Yanarht. Original message details are unavailable.
With the new Jagex link, my authenticator no longer works
Can you explain a bit more what you mean by this?

Importing a Runescape account into a Jagex Account replaces the Runescape account's login name + password + Authenticator code login method with logging in via the Jagex Account. Once imported, the old Authenticator codes are no longer used.

If you previously had your in game bank set up to use an Authenticator code as the bank PIN, then that will be removed, and you will have to set a new 4 digit PIN (which takes 7 days).

When first set up, a Jagex Account will send verification codes to the associated email address. You can enable Authenticator on your Jagex Account, and if you do that it will stop sending the codes to your email, and you will have to use the new Authenticator codes instead. When you set up Authenticator, it will generate some backup codes which you should print out, and store somewhere safe and secure. If you lose access to your Authenticator app, the backup codes will be the only way to log in to your Jagex Account. It is not possible to recover a Jagex Account via a recovery form.
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

26-May-2023 07:43:09

Quick find code: 14-15-658-66280623 Back to Top