Forums

Im so bad at PVM!!

Quick find code: 14-15-430-66291573

Tidus 319
May Member 2022

Tidus 319

Posts: 1,545 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm trying to get my Zuk Cape for necromancy. I've watched guides where they make it seem so easy. I will give myself some credit, I can get to Zuk fairly easily but I can't kill him.

My DPS is terrible. I am a revolution++ kind of player. I'm trying not to be for this fight but I'm just so bad. I have no issue with supplies, its the insta kill that is getting me because I can't consistently get through pizza phase. Even on the occasional time that I do, because my DPS is so low, i'm having to do it 2 or even 3 times to actually kill Zuk so not able to do it multiple times.

I am reliant on my conjures to kill the trio in pizza phase so if they run out at the wrong time which after the first attempt they usually do, I'm just not getting the kills done quick enough. I am even using death mark on them lol

I am using t90 weapons and tank armour. is there any fool proof method I can use? I just want the cape for death skulls. Probably could do with it for the original 3 skills too. so need to do this 4 times -_-

I apologise for how bad I am at PVM.

Thanks =]
Tidus 319.

08-Dec-2023 13:18:46

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We don't need Zuk Cape for Necromancy. It is a nice to have, but not a requirement for training that skill or anything specific for pvm.

Zuk Cape itself, is an achievement for high end pvm, anyway. If you are not a good pvmer (as you self proclaimed), I think Zuk Cape is not meant for you anyway.

I don't think there is any "fool proof method" for high end (if not endgame) achievement like Zuk Cape, otherwise it won't be prestigious and doesn't worth any efforts to get.

Since you have identified your problem as your "DPS is terrible" and you are 'using t90 weapons and tank armour", I think the most obvious upgrade to your situations is T92, if not T95 weapons and power armors.

Besides, don't forget in RS3 there are a lot more ways to increase DPS than just merely getting the best DPS weapons and armors. We have abilities, familiars like Ripper Demons, EOF to access a whole variety of weapons specials (the best pvm item to many players actually), Monolith Relic Powers, Auras, Scrishaws and other offensive pocket items etc you can improve too.

08-Dec-2023 16:45:33

Tidus 319
May Member 2022

Tidus 319

I should have specified that I’m using Necromancy Gear so can’t get power armour (Ambassador is much harder than Zuk)

I don’t think I’m going to just not bother trying because I’m not very good, I’d literally never get any good stuff playing that way.

I appreciate what you’re saying that it’s not supposed to be easy but people are very good at finding “cheese” methods of getting through certain aspects of fights. It’s purely the pizza phase that’s causing me issues so it seems worth asking for advice since I’m getting to Zuk using minimal food rather than thinking “Zuk’s not meant for me”
Tidus 319.

08-Dec-2023 17:20:48

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

"I am using t90 weapons and tank armour. is there any fool proof method I can use?"
- OP

"I should have specified that I’m using Necromancy Gear so can’t get power armour (Ambassador is much harder than Zuk)"
- Page 1, Post 3

I see you are 93 Necromancy. Why not just get a couple more levels so you can use T95 First Necromancer gear with power armors? They are pretty cheap, even cheaper than many T90 pieces.

08-Dec-2023 17:45:18

MineMineMini
Feb Member 2024

MineMineMini

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You need to use Surge and Bladed dive to get to them fast enough then rip out volley of souls or rip out the Finger of Death, use these two on the first to enemies as the last of the 3 is the easiest to kill, the first one you can't use volley of souls on until you use soul strike first to stun it I think I can't remember exactly

08-Dec-2023 22:22:04

Mini JIT
Oct Member 2014

Mini JIT

Posts: 2,211 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have died there many times to start with but now I am ok with it.

Keep using tank armour for extra safety not power. Anticipate and pray magic (protection from fire) before it starts or freedom quickly and start running/ surge/ dive where you need to be. Hit the first 1 with 3 soul strikes and he should die but if not then don't worry just run to the next area and use finger of death twice on the next 1, even if not dead by then run to the 3rd and last area and stand in the shield and hit him with weapon special attack. If the first 2 did not die they will still run after you so finish them off if your minions did not already then spam the extra action button (don't just press once because it does not always register). Swap to pray melee and carry on.

Getting out of the stun and don't panic at the start of the pizza stage is the most important part. I would not waste time with mark of death on them 3 as they have low hp. Use it on the boss yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9zf9uUeFyo&t=7s I like his guides for necro, not sure which you have watched.

09-Dec-2023 16:49:26

Tidus 319
May Member 2022

Tidus 319

Thanks for the responses.

Using the advice, I spent some time practising just going back to Zuk and leaving once down to 100,000hp so I could repeat rather than doing the whole thing. Ive found if I don't summon conjures until later so that they last the whole pizza phase i seem to be okay. Got to 100k hp mark 3 times in a row so feeling confident.

Just need to do the full run again now.
Tidus 319.

09-Dec-2023 21:53:00

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Original message details are unavailable.

Using the advice, I spent some time practising just going back to Zuk and leaving once down to 100,000hp so I could repeat rather than doing the whole thing. Ive found if I don't summon conjures until later so that they last the whole pizza phase i seem to be okay. Got to 100k hp mark 3 times in a row so feeling confident.

Good for you, and perhaps you are better than "bad at PVM" as you proclaimed. You might be better than me while I consider myself an Average Joe and I took the easiest way to skip Zuk Cape, level to 95 Necromancy and bought the First Necromancy set for my combat toon. :D

I know it is more challenging and fun to get a Zuk Cape among other higher end pvm content without maxed gear. You seem to be on your way to your Zuk Cape without T95. Good for you.

09-Dec-2023 23:59:08

Mini JIT
Oct Member 2014

Mini JIT

Posts: 2,211 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.

I just keep them on the revo bar and forget about it, I know you don't have undead army at your level so go with this:

Living death, skelly warrior, ghost, soul sap and touch of death. Manual cast everything else when you need it. I do not use zombie because its mainly poison damage and boss is immune, but you can manually cast during the other waves. Once you get your first cape it gets easy because death skulls works even better.

Another tip is to kill Har-Aken slowly, yes you can kill him in a go before he dives in the lava but don't. Use your big hits at the start but if you get him to about 10% health (25% with mark of death) then stop attacking him and let him dive into the lava. Build up your necrosis stacks to 12 attacking the arms and make sure everything is off cool down, when he pops up again finish him off with just basic attacks. When zuk fight starts hit with vol bomb and death skulls, weapon special and volley of souls then just let revo carry on and let your big hitters build up for pizza phase. Use mark of death at some point but no need for your practice runs. You should get away with just 1 pizza with T90 tank/weapons, so use your big hits whenever you can after that but be ready with freedom just in case you get another 1.

If you did tele out for practice runs, then you can use the monsters outside the room rather than Har-Aken to build up your attacks before restarting Zuk fight but won't get the cape. You can also use the beta servers for practice runs to save on supply but you will get no rewards.

10-Dec-2023 19:03:37

Quick find code: 14-15-430-66291573 Back to Top