Forums

suggestion clan bank!

Quick find code: 135-136-980-65904771

Eusderf
Aug Member 2023

Eusderf

Posts: 8 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How good would a clan bank be where you had a bank chest in the citadel you could set in clan settings who could use it, that way when members are getting all these items they would normally just sell they could but it into clan bank to help out new and starting members with gear or resources, just a thought :)

25-Apr-2017 00:09:58

Sicariu
Feb Member 2011

Sicariu

Posts: 9,648 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This has been a popular suggestion for a very long time, but I don't think it's likely that we'll see this coming any time soon. The work required to add a clan bank makes it a much bigger update than you would probably think given the complexity of the clan system's coding. :/

EDIT: Fixed typo
~ Sicariu
Leader of
No Sigil No Sleep
- founded 1 April 2013
Need Clan Help ?

25-Apr-2017 01:59:51 - Last edited on 27-Apr-2017 17:08:38 by Sicariu

Ledr Knuckls

Ledr Knuckls

Posts: 1,257 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello this suggestion has been very popular but due to how complicated the citadel works , likely wont happen for many many years to come.
Every Day Is A New Beginning , Take A Deep Breath , Smile , And Start Again

< ~=~=~> OffSite Website <~=~=~=~>

27-Apr-2017 19:50:26

Dan Ur
Apr Member 2012

Dan Ur

Posts: 233 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As the type of guy I am, I have always had what I called a new player welcome package in my own bank. Items like charged dragonstone jewelry, set of runes, gear for the lvl of player, just general things, including food and other items as needed. I have played this way for 10 years. Everyone could be just that much better in how they treat others.

While clan mates might get a more help with bond buying, I do give those away to people needing them as well. I have been a clan owner for a while, almost 5 years.

The logistics of keeping a clan going over the years can be a full time job in itself.

Not sure how much a Clan extra goodies coffer would be designed? But it might be a decent idea to ponder, if jagex has a few spare folks to juggle the details out, we could all just throw some spare change into the salaries of folks doing the work.............

04-May-2017 07:20:04

Mod Maz

Mod Maz

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Technical issues aside, my concern with a clan bank is actually much more mundane. What happens when someone decides (or is hacked) and empties the clan bank into their own? Mod Maz
Queen of the Squirrels
RS Training & Developer Lead

17-May-2017 07:39:51

Werewolf
May Member 2022

Werewolf

Posts: 20,258 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Maz said :
Technical issues aside, my concern with a clan bank is actually much more mundane. What happens when someone decides (or is hacked) and empties the clan bank into their own?
if its set to only keys and above may withdraw from it but anyone can deposit let the clan leader decide the maximum withdrawel value that way if someone's hacked the most they could take is x amount

Edit: if you put it in line with citadel reset the amount you can withdraw will change with the reset this should protect the bank even if the leader is hacked
•*º*•‹•*º*•
When the Full Moon Rises
•*º*•›•*º*•
¸,.›°ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ
Blood will rain down
ˆº•-,._.,-•ºˆ°•.¸
•*º*•‹•*º*•
Beware the Wolves Howl, This will be your final sound
•*º*•›•*º*•

21-Aug-2017 19:27:04 - Last edited on 21-Aug-2017 19:29:31 by Werewolf

Quick find code: 135-136-980-65904771 Back to Top