Forums

Clan name change Thread is locked

Quick find code: 135-136-717-65949187

IblisHerz

IblisHerz

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi,
I have an issue with uncalled for clan name change. I could understand that if I was give any notice in advance, but due to incompetency of people in charge of "order" in this game I had no notifications whatsoever on what exactly was wrong or any other specific reasons, only to find clan motto and clan description changed to generic "inappropriate content" message and clan name to generic name. Now as consequence clan name is irreversible for 28 days period, resulting in inevitable loss of will for my clan members to participate and worse for your company - more people will view you negatively for your poor decisions.
According to your vague rules of game "[...] therefore language that is considered offensive, racist, obscene or otherwise inappropriate should not be used in chat or as a username." Yet there was nothing straight up offensive or let alone racist about any aspects of my clan name and I shall stress that its only just a name. The only most worrisome aspect of rule is "inappropriate" which leads to thinking that such vague definition is deliberately left for enforcement of rules based on self bias.
I must note that removing content and censoring it only gives more power to it. It is not my fault that coincidentally someone using similar name for ideas that you don't approve of.
The only and thing I must ask is to remove cool down for name change, if its impossible it leaves me and my friends to think this game is run by hypocrisy and personal bias.

14-Sep-2017 13:57:15

IblisHerz

IblisHerz

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Your empty post have exactly zero contribution to the matter, if you want to feel good that much about yourself being morally superior, the ascended being, then I suggest you approach your ways in different matter.
Even more calling it "indefensible" is outright shortsighted. Thinking that you can just write me off for whoever you assuming me to be, I must say that you're gravely wrong.
And I will say it if I must - the name "National Front" is not offensive, it doesn't carry any racist sentiments. I am aware of certain organizations behind the name and assure that the clan has nothing to do with them. Yet if you want so much to give unnecessary power to few words and control speech then you should look up on dictionary to see how people would call you. With enough determination even "Jagex" can too become a slur, but for some things people deliberately give power and harmful attention.

My clan was merely just a group of friends and likewise minded people who liked to do dungeoneering. Important point is that it consist of people from all over the world, from different countries and ethnicity. After all this the name wasn't an issue for more than one and half years.
In my conclusion its an unjust act of biased judgement, a game should stay apolitical without assigning labels on others. But it cannot be tolerated when you try to control speech, I dare to say its unconstitutional.

14-Sep-2017 21:46:56

Fairy Haruka

Fairy Haruka

Posts: 70 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I heard what happened Ibliz :(
A clan's name is its identity, you can't just take it away without warning, let alone without clear reasons.
I feel that censoring very oppressive and controlling, not to mention how are we gonna advertise a "Clan019213892" name ...
Our clan doesn't deal with racist activity whatsoever (Even if it is a weird clan, which one isn't). I'm a Latino player and these guys are nicer than 80% of the players I've met (And clans). New recruits probably feel like WTF at times but never seen anyone (ranked) being offensive with newcomers.
Besides, did people read our description? We're a Dungeoneering clan F2P/P2P and take people in without any requirements, other than regular manners.
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there

15-Sep-2017 06:57:19

The contents of this message have been hidden.

17-Sep-2017 01:03:04

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,614 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This forum is here for getting help and advice, from fellow players, on how clans and the clan system work.

This thread is not asking for or providing advice. It is ranting about Jagex enforcing their rules, which you agree to abide by when creating your account and each time you use their website and products.

You may want to use the 28 days waiting period to carefully consider what the new name will be. If Jagex has to force change a name multiple times, they often will lock the name they assign in place for a year.
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

17-Sep-2017 17:10:11

Quick find code: 135-136-717-65949187 Back to Top