Forums

Changing Build Tick Question

Quick find code: 135-136-69-65907070

Sylvanna Ree
Aug Member 2009

Sylvanna Ree

Posts: 466 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello there!!

I haven't had to change the buildtick since we got the citadel.

My clan always has an event at 2pm on Sunday. Recently, the clan build tick has been starting at 5pm or later on Sunday, not allowing us to have our weekly event.

I would like to change the buildtick, however I am having some trouble understanding the timing.

Would I need to change the buildtick to, say, Friday after resources have been done, or would I need to do it later, on a Tuesday? Based on what others are saying:

If I change the buildtick to Friday, it gives us a fresh citadel for Sunday, and give us some time to change the citadel by minutes over the years.

If I change it to Tuesday, it gives us the fresh citadel for Sunday, but also gives us more time to complete the resources. Our clan has always had around a week to do them.

I do understand, that to keep it at the time we want, we need to enter the citadel around build tick to prevent it from inching forward too much.

Any advice on what I should do?

01-May-2017 03:45:03

Sicariu
Feb Member 2011

Sicariu

Posts: 9,648 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi,

I've never personally moved my clan's build tick, so I looked around and found this bit of info from the ? Clan Help ¿ thread that's pinned to this section:
Calm Enigma said :
How can we move our build tick and what does it cost?

How to move the tick:

1 – Go to the citadel keep and talk to the Quartermaster.
2 – Select the option to move the build tick.
3 – The build tick will be moved to exactly 7 days after the time at which you requested the build tick change.

Note:
The build tick automatically changes each week to the time at which the first members entered the citadel. This is a useful way of changing the build tick by a few hours.

However, there is a 'grace period' after the tick. If a member enters during this grace period, the time of the next build tick will not be changed. The duration of the grace period is not known.

What it costs to move the tick:

1 – The cost of moving the build tick is the same as the cost of upkeep. So if you move the tick you will end up paying upkeep twice in one week.

2 – The resources you have collected in the citadel are NOT reset after you choose to move the tick. The clan members who have not capped yet need to collect the necessary resources.

3 – If you fail to pay the double upkeep, your citadel will dilapidate.

Note:
If you have capped before the tick is moved, your cap will be reset and you can cap again.
If you have not capped before the move, you will be able to cap once and then again by leaving the citadel and re-entering.
Avatars will only be able to cap once.

Thanks to Uncle Penny for helping with this post :)

Hopefully that answers a few of your questions, but if not, feel free to ask more and I'll try my best to answer them. Someone else who knows more about this stuff than me might pass by in the meantime though who can make more sense of it :p
~ Sicariu
Leader of
No Sigil No Sleep
- founded 1 April 2013
Need Clan Help ?

01-May-2017 04:24:39

Kera
Aug Member 2010

Kera

Posts: 11,100 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Calm Enigma said :
3 – The build tick will be moved to exactly 7 days after the time at which you requested the build tick change

This is the most important thing to note when moving the tick. make sure that you ask to change it at the time you want the new tick to be.

So if you want the tick to happen in time with your event at 2pm on a Sunday, then ask for it to be moved maybe an hour before that time.

Other than that, SIcarius post above covers everything you need to know, but my pm is always on if you have any questions.
Kera:
Proud leader of Shattered Moon

01-May-2017 14:58:57

Quick find code: 135-136-69-65907070 Back to Top