Forums

Make Citadel capping monthly

Quick find code: 135-136-538-65989564

Transcendent

Transcendent

Posts: 35,372 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex wants to reduce dailyscape.

Players can not take a week or two off capping in their citadel without losing fealty, which is unfriendly for players on vacation or sick.

I suggest changing citadel capping to once a month, which will both reduce dailyscape and allow players to take breaks without losing fealty.
Hi.

17-Feb-2018 22:53:23

Sicariu
Feb Member 2011

Sicariu

Posts: 9,648 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Capping speed is going to be increased dramatically with the Clan updates that are coming soon, plus the Skill Plot Bonus is going to be increased to a 50% bonus for gathering resources. At this point, I think updating Citadels to have monthly capping, rather than weekly, would be unnecessary because of those changes.

Also, that would require an enormous amount of work on the Citadel's structure, making removal of the Citadel entirely be a better option.

If you haven't seen the January Content Showcase video, Mod Shauny showed off all of the new updates that are in the works for Clans: https://youtu.be/aG-kago5DOM?t=1h17s
~ Sicariu
Leader of
No Sigil No Sleep
- founded 1 April 2013
Need Clan Help ?

18-Feb-2018 01:47:46

Kera
Aug Member 2010

Kera

Posts: 11,100 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think that you dont lose fealty if you dont enter the citadel at all :@
obviously you cant claim the fealty bonus since that would require you to enter the citadel to claim it.

Kera
Kera:
Proud leader of Shattered Moon

19-Feb-2018 18:40:10

Sicariu
Feb Member 2011

Sicariu

Kera said :
I think that you dont lose fealty if you dont enter the citadel at all :@

That's correct, and I have a great example for this.

About 3 years ago, I had membership on my alternate account for a bit and used it to cap in our Citadel. That account did achieve a Fealty rank of 3, but once it became F2P, I could not continue to enter the Citadel to cap. Fast forward to the free weekend Jagex held last year for the release of Menaphos, I took advantage of this time to get an extra Citadel cap in from my alt.

When I entered the Citadel, roughly two years after the last time that account had been in there, I got the game message stating that my Fealty rank had dropped to 2 .

EDIT: I came back to this because I realized what I said was incorrect. (The free weekend was quite awhile ago now, so plenty of time to forget :P ) After two years of not entering the Citadel, since I had capped during the week the last time I entered, I had maintained Fealty 3 on my alternate account despite not visiting the Citadel for about two years.

This is because I had capped during the week the last time I visited the Citadel, and my next Citadel entry factored in my visit/cap from two years ago because it was the last visit I had. If I had visited the Citadel and not gathered enough resources to maintain fealty during the previous visit, then my Fealty rank would have dropped to 2.
~ Sicariu
Leader of
No Sigil No Sleep
- founded 1 April 2013
Need Clan Help ?

19-Feb-2018 22:54:28 - Last edited on 19-Feb-2018 23:34:55 by Sicariu

Aponi
Jan Member 2022

Aponi

Posts: 10,482 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When you have to work 10 hrs a day, your clan has T7 citadel, and you have to cap....

-dies-

Yes, make it monthly please or make a money sink and let us give you geepees to buy bypass capping.

20-Feb-2018 02:34:12

Sicariu
Feb Member 2011

Sicariu

Aponi said :
When you have to work 10 hrs a day, your clan has T7 citadel, and you have to cap....

-dies-

Yes, make it monthly please or make a money sink and let us give you geepees to buy bypass capping.

I can manage my clan's T7 Citadel upkeep by myself while utilizing the Avatars' caps as well as my own. Mandatory Citadel work is a personal choice; it's not a requirement to have multiple people in a clan capping to maintain it.

Once the Clan Updates (that I shared a video for in my first post on this thread) are live, capping will be much faster. Plus, you can always opt for buying Citadel Boosters from the Solomon's General Store for RuneCoins through Bonds or buying RuneCoins for real money, so there is already a paid option to increase capping speed.

If you don't have time to cap, don't. Its completely optional. :) If your clan enforces mandatory capping, then that's a different situation entirely.
~ Sicariu
Leader of
No Sigil No Sleep
- founded 1 April 2013
Need Clan Help ?

20-Feb-2018 02:42:00 - Last edited on 20-Feb-2018 03:07:12 by Sicariu

Quick find code: 135-136-538-65989564 Back to Top