Forums

Make Citadel capping monthly

Quick find code: 135-136-538-65989564

Lyrehca

Lyrehca

Posts: 1,855 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Transcendent said :
Players can not take a week or two off capping in their citadel without losing fealty, which is unfriendly for players on vacation or sick.

Not actually true.

Anyone on vacation, or sick, or just too busy for whatever reason, will not lose a star unless they actually step foot into the citadel and fail to earn fealty for the week.

I always advise my clan to only visit citadel if they are sure they can make fealty in a single visit. If they are unsure or it is late in the week, I tell them not to go up, so they don't risk losing a fealty star.

I actually recruited someone to my clan last year that hadn't played in over 2 years. When he went up to visit our citadel for the first time, he had 3 fealty stars, from the previous clan he'd been in the last time he played.

Since the update late last year which drastically reduced upkeep costs, it's easy enough for me and a few higher ranks to make upkeep, with or without avatar help.

04-Jul-2018 16:44:13 - Last edited on 04-Jul-2018 16:45:10 by Lyrehca

Ashiava

Ashiava

Posts: 2,356 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Exactly^^
It's just too often.

Sadly they didn't listen to us, they only made it easier to do.
Worst thing is that it doesn't even reset on sundays, but on the day citadel was created (i think). Sometimes me and my clanmates kinda forget when is cit reset. (when we had cit)
Most important thread on forums:
74-75-110-66028093

19-Jul-2018 18:46:03

Dan Ur
Apr Member 2012

Dan Ur

Posts: 233 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am the clan owner, I made 5 accounts members so I could keep the citadel going on my own if it needed that, as my clan has had many personal issues over the years. It isn't always easy,

But I don't support a Monthly capping.

As it stands, you could before the update use 2 players to cap the upkeep off, Or one player and an avatar. even for my T7 citadel, we still needed 5 visitors a week, but I could cover that, It is hard to build things, but that was the whole point of the clan and citadel, a bit harder if you needed to build things.

If everything is made so easy that just anyone can do it, there will be a point at which even the easiest things will be complained about.

02-Aug-2018 03:30:53

Uncle Pob

Uncle Pob

Posts: 2,962 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I support this.

Previously I had no issue whatsoever in spending 2 hours every Sunday morning getting the weekly cap done and out of the way. The time it takes me to cap has now been reduced to about half an hour, so 4 weeks worth of capping in one go isn't a problem since it's roughly the amount I was doing beforehand.

The difference is that it wouldn't need to be a thing done every week, but every month instead; you could get it out of the way on the first day and then not have to worry about it for the rest of the month,

There are 2 main problems though:

- Making the cap monthly means it becomes something which is irrelevant for most of the month if you get it done early. That makes it much easier for it to slip your mind and cause you to forget completely.

- Weekly visit targets may not be met. If people are doing their capping over longer sessions, they'll be visiting less frequently. Instead of four visits in four weeks, members might visit once or twice in the first week and not again until the following month.

The more regular a routine, the easier it is to remember. Thus daily activities are easier to remember than weekly activities, which are easier to remember than monthly activities. Clans can of course remind their members of approaching deadlines and monthly resets, so that shouldn't really be much of a problem.

And the Avatar Buff could be a reason to at least visit the citadel each week. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you automatically lose the buff after a full week: this week I visited the citadel on Monday rather than Sunday (because I was on the Beach making the most of Heatwave) yet my Avatar Buff never disappeared.

If that's working as intended, then maybe the "weekly visits" should also be changed to "monthly visits", otherwise clans would be expecting their members who already capped that month to hop to the citadel and leave immediately just to count towards the total each following week, which would be silly.

09-Aug-2018 06:00:41

Uncle Pob

Uncle Pob

Posts: 2,962 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think the biggest problem would be one of resource management.

Currently with weekly capping, you can only "use" one week's worth of resources. Usually people stagger and cap at different points in the week, and people are able to have a good idea what resources they need to be gathering. Even if they don't, by the time they arrive the clan owner has usually locked all the activities that provide resources the clan *doesn't* need.

With monthly capping it encourages people to cap early and get it out of the way, more so than a weekly cap currently does. Can you imagine what would happen if the majority of the clan decided to all go up to the Citadel and cap together on the first of the month, and the clan leader weren't available at the time?

People would spread themselves out all over the place, nobody knowing what resources are needed, or how much they'll end up with once they're all done. That would create drastic surplus of some resources, huge deficit in others, and since everyone's used up their monthly cap a whole entire month needs to pass before they can go back in and get the lacking resources... it would be chaos.

I usually cap immediately after reset, and tend to be the first to do so. This means I get the pick of the plots, as I can't *cause* surplus or deficit on my own, and the entire rest of the clan can work out what's needed that week as the week goes on. But if everyone does that right at the start of the month, then the clan leaders will be stuck looking at totally lopsided resources for an entire month because there's not enough people left able to cap to balance it all back out.

09-Aug-2018 06:16:12

Quick find code: 135-136-538-65989564 Back to Top