Forums

Clan noticeboard date glitch.

Quick find code: 135-136-43-65746341

Dracae
Oct Member 2005

Dracae

Posts: 3,827 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We have not used our noticeboard a lot, but have started doing so.

Turns out the date on it is glitched.
When I set our next event for the 14th it indeed shows as such for me, and for some clanmates, possibly the ones who also can post on it, but most clanmates see it as the 13th.

A solution could have been to just put it for the 15th when I mean the 14th, but when doing that the broadcast, which I plan on using says the 15th...

I did send a bug report.. but since then found via a searchenguine that this glitch has been reported by other clans long ago...

Input and advice appreciated, a fix form Jagex even more so..

07-Feb-2016 22:28:26

Sicariu
Feb Member 2011

Sicariu

Posts: 9,648 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah :(

I believe there was a thread (or a few threads) in the CLF about it at some point last year, but I don't think any Jmods responded to it. I would need them find it to be sure though.

Unfortunately, such a small bug like this doesn't take priority for fixing over other updates. :(
~ Sicariu
Leader of
No Sigil No Sleep
- founded 1 April 2013
Need Clan Help ?

09-Feb-2016 02:10:37

Pink Orchid
Apr Member 2013

Pink Orchid

Posts: 1,194 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I try to set the date for an event and it's going to the day before when I save it. Our clan time is the same as the game time too.
¸,.•°°•.,¸¸,.
•° UNIVERSAL
•°°•
"Dream with your heart and love with your soul."
•°°•
SOULS °•
.,¸¸,.•°°•.,¸

13-Feb-2016 22:58:03

Dracae
Oct Member 2005

Dracae

Posts: 3,827 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can see this being considered a small bug, in a way it is.. but time flies.. and how long have we had citadels now?
The problem with ignoring ' small bugs' even if it kinda makes sense that other things have priority, is that it seriously erodes the reputation of in this case Jagex.

The least we can expect, at least in my mind, is that things work as advertised, and when they do not that they get fixed. If this means postponing whatever other update for an X amount of time, that is very unfortunate, but that should be part of normal businesspractices, its a form of taking responsibility for and standing squarely behind your own product.

If for whatever reason you can not fix the problem, the other option is to remove the broken part of the game till you can. Clan broadcasts do work, so keep them and remove the option for clanmates to see events on the Noticeboard, since this creates confusion when it is not the right date.

20-Feb-2016 12:54:18 - Last edited on 20-Feb-2016 12:56:45 by Dracae

Peaceful Jim

Peaceful Jim

Posts: 3,944 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For the love of Guthix, Jagex, PLEASE fix this! It's been driving me, and essentially anyone who has ever had to make an clan event, crazy!
....`·.„¸¸,.¤*°‘°•}{•°‘°*¤.,¸¸„.·´....
·.·:!¡ïÏï¡!:·.· Peaceful Jim ·.·:!¡ïÏï¡!:·.·
*.* Resident Tree - Serene Wolves - Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without. *.*

06-Mar-2016 00:38:47

Quick find code: 135-136-43-65746341 Back to Top