Forums

Bosses in GWD

Quick find code: 98-99-787-66286109

Bertel62
Aug Member 2023

Bertel62

Posts: 1,017 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am about to try out some boss fighting in GWD, but I am unsure of how it works. I know that I need to kill 40 monsters of the specific faction to enter the boss room, but when I have that, can I then kill the boss as many time as I want, or do I have to leave in between and kill 40 more monsters to enter again?

29-Aug-2023 17:17:38

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,819 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Once you're in the boss chamber you can stay as long as you'd like. However, once you leave the chamber or teleport completely out of the dungeon, you'll need to accrue a new 40 kill count.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

30-Aug-2023 13:37:23

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm getting ready to fight in GWD as well....at least I think it is GWD. I'm not familiar with GWD combat but do know there are more than one god wars dungeon. (I'm having to charge a hammer Kili gave me for necromancy.)

I understand the Shard of Zaros and the Totem of Intimidation both will get you into a GWD without having the npc you don't want to fight becoming aggressive toward you. So I'm in the process of looking into that. Oh and wearing "one" piece of some type of "nex" armour does the same thing....Have not tried this latter so really don't know...Am thinking this means the "pernex" range armour. Correct?

I also understand one of the GWD has a room for each of the 4 runescape gods, i.e. bandos, armadyl, etc; but it is their individual "generals" you will be actually fighting in there not the gods themselves. Is this correct?

Good luck Bertel62 with your endeavor!
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

02-Sep-2023 16:17:02

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,819 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
yes the shard of zaros or anything dropped by nex will grant basic immunity from the normal followers in the god wars dungeon. The generals and their minions are immune to this, they attack without remorse.

Yes it's the generals and not the actual gods we fight.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

02-Sep-2023 21:29:08

Quick find code: 98-99-787-66286109 Back to Top