Forums

Ungael Combat (Hard Mode)

Quick find code: 98-99-75-66288534

Rejna
Jan Member 2013

Rejna

Posts: 196 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can someone please tell this scaredy cat, who recently has decided to be brave and try out various bosses and scary places, how the hard mode is different from the standard mode? Are there twice as many waves (12 in standard mode)? Twice the combat stats on the monsters? Or both of the above? (Yikes) Any tips on how to venture? My second maxed char in Runescape. Played since 2001 :)

10-Oct-2023 13:53:23

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,819 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Haven't tried it yet, but I'd imagine it's the same 12 waves, only the enemies are beefier (more hp) (more damage) & faster. Guess I could try it later today and report back how I got my behind kicked.... But then again when I did the quest I didn't use the target skills, I'm sure they help alot if deployed properly.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

10-Oct-2023 15:08:23

DrauDaedolon
Aug Member 2006

DrauDaedolon

Posts: 10,120 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hard mode still has 12 waves and they're mostly the same as standard mode, but the monsters have 50% more HP and inflict 25% more damage.

Your companions will take some of the attention away from you, but on hard mode they'll quickly be overwhelmed and knocked out if they have too many monsters on them (if that happens, you'll lose them until the end of the wave).

I found necromancy very useful thanks to the Vengeful Ghost and Blood Siphon abilities. I also used targeting to prioritise the rangers and mages, and saved the unstable zombies for last as they (and the slimes they leave behind) are more annoying than dangerous.

10-Oct-2023 15:19:09 - Last edited on 10-Oct-2023 15:19:48 by DrauDaedolon

The contents of this message have been hidden.

11-Oct-2023 19:32:14

Quick find code: 98-99-75-66288534 Back to Top