Forums

Ironman - which bolts?

Quick find code: 98-99-461-66256648

Mr Snuskig

Mr Snuskig

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi everybody!

This is the first time I am playing an ironman account and I was wondering which bolts I should use for training range regularly through slayer. At the moment I am using bone bolts, but is it worth it unlocking broad bolts or should I smith a different kind?

Thanks for all suggestions.

02-Jul-2022 14:38:08

Tranq
Nov Member 2007

Tranq

Posts: 61,819 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Judging by the fact you're an ironman account.

Broad bolts require 55 Slayer and 61 Ranged to equip. They can be fired only by a rune crossbow, dragon hunter crossbow, dragon crossbow, Armadyl crossbow, or Zaryte crossbow.

So unless your intent is to slaughter the Crazy archaeologist until he drops you a rune crossbow. You'd need level 91 smithing to create the runite limbs to put a rune crossbow together which means it may be awhile before you're using broad bolts.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

05-Jul-2022 16:21:32

Philasophia

Philasophia

Posts: 501 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you're a hardcore ironman and wish to avoid the wilderness you may do what I did and kill iron or steel dragons until they drop rune limbs, get 69 fletching, and make your own rune cbow.

Rune cbow w/ broad bolts is clutch for ironmen. You're gonna wanna get it asap. Also, keep in mind you have to unlock the ability to fletch broad bolts at a slayer master. Make sure you save some slayer points to unlock this.
I am a light within the RuneScape forums. Not just any light, but the light of Diogenes searching for a single honest person.

05-Jul-2022 22:00:48

Quick find code: 98-99-461-66256648 Back to Top