Forums

necromancy bar ..

Quick find code: 98-99-389-66286016

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm necromancy lvl 74...I think.

I'm a skiller; so I've chosen the ritual route of working this skill. However, there is combat involved as I'm wanting to upgrade my T60 to T70 armour; also I think I might like using necromancy as a combat style.....maybe.

I've spent hours...yes hours...reading wiki and talking with my friends in game in an attempt to understand the abilities, conjures, incantations. I think I understand some of it; and would appreciate a critique of what I think I know. Would also appreciate suggestions as to what I might do differently. (My main character has maxed skills with combat lvl 138; so I'm not a complete stranger to combat! And I've been using ability bars for slayer tasks for quite awhile; so am not completely ignorant about those either.) However, I'm thinking "necromancy" abilities are used differently than the abilities for other styles of combat as it seems necromancy combat success is based on knowing how to keep the adrenaline up and when to "manually" activate what.

It seems "basic" abilities (not regular necro abilities) generate 9% adrenaline when activated; thus, it might be wise to place those in the front part of the gold box (10 spaces in box and 4 outside box) so they will be activated first. However, then I read when the "regular" abilities in that gold box were "automatically" activated, this stopped the benefit from the basic abilities. Thus, would it be best to place the "basic" abilities "outside" the gold box.... OR ....place the regular abilities that use the most adrenaline outside the gold box. (I'm not sure what the "necromancy ability" does. Sounds like it is one of the basic abilities but acts differently???)

Then wiki talks about abilities that generate necrosis "stacks" that help other abilities do more damage. These are quite confusing still.....

Then "incantations"...next post
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

28-Aug-2023 01:01:05 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2023 01:04:19 by jodie

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Apparently "incantations" can, also, be placed on the abilities bar. They use runes to help in combat. Still reading/studying about these...........

I think I'm wearing my friends out in game about all this; so sure would appreciate hearing from some of you in here as to how you set up your own ability bars...and why you set them up that way. (I have no interest in ever killing Bosses nor doing heavy combat as so many in this game do; however, when I do get into combat, I would like to be more knowledgeable about how this type of combat works than I am now so as to have more confidence in my ability to survive the fight and, thus, enjoy the game more.)

Thanks for helping and feel free to contact me in game if you have the time.
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!

28-Aug-2023 01:10:44

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Thank you Iorn. Next time I'm in game I will add "IORN STONE77" and if that doesn't work, I'll try "iorn stone77" and if that doesn't work I will try the same two over again without the space between the two words. :)

28-Aug-2023 13:11:59

Quick find code: 98-99-389-66286016 Back to Top