Forums

"helm of warping"

Quick find code: 98-99-279-66235242

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I had the "mask of the abyss"; did the number of kills required and it turned into the "helm of warping" which now has over 3k kills on it.

Just today forgot I had an aggression potion going and started returning to continue combat with on a slayer task and, of course, got killed by a few little iron & steel dragons. :( Winded up at Death and had to pay money to get my items back. I got everything back except this "helm of warping".

Found out Diango had this but it was no longer called "helm of warping"; instead it had the old name of "mask of the abyss". This still had the over 3k kills showing on it.

Friend told me I needed to "re-set" it with a "spirit of battle" purchased at Shatterred Worlds with 100 million anima. I have over 937,405 anima; so will need to make a few runs to get the remainder of the 100 million anima to spend on this "spirit of battle".

I'm wondering if this is needed. I only used the "helm of warping" to get the abyssal demons as a slayer task. Have not understood what other benefits it offered. So do I actually need to "re-set" the "mask of the abyssals"? (I read wiki and it was confusing to me.)

Can anyone explain what the actual benefit of "re-setting" this "mask of abyss" is for me?
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

10-Nov-2021 09:21:12

Aethel Wolf
Mar
fmod Member

Aethel Wolf

Forum Moderator Posts: 23,319 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have moved the thread from the Account Help forum, this does not seem to be an account issue.

To answer your question: The mask of the abyss has some benefits which the helm of warping would no longer have: Extra damage, 85 bonus exp and double drops at 10th kill. Resetting the helm would grant back these benefits until you reach 900 kills. Otherwise you can use the right-click option to change your recovered "mask" into the "helm of warping" for cosmetic purpose.

10-Nov-2021 13:12:43 - Last edited on 10-Nov-2021 13:18:55 by Aethel Wolf

jodie
May Member 2018

jodie

Posts: 2,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aethel Wolf thank you for responding. Your information is quite clear and I appreciate your help.

I found this statement on Wiki that disturbs me, i.e. "Using the Spirit of Battle on either the mask or helm will consume the item." And since I do not want to lose this helmet (whatever its name), I'm real concerned about re-setting it.

Also a friend told me I could wear the "mask of the abyss" as is (with its over 3k kills) and when it shows an additional 900 kills it would automatically revert back to the "helm of warping". I've not killed the extra 900 as yet; so have not been able to test this.

Aethel Wolf do you know anything about the "item being destroyed" by the Spirit of Battle? Do you know whether or not getting an additional 900 kills will actually turn it back into the helm of warping? (With those bonuses I would prefer it as the "mask" for as long as I can keep it.)
I am what I am! Acknowledging this is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
II Cor. 5:7 "We walk by faith! Not by sight!"

13-Nov-2021 05:11:40

Quick find code: 98-99-279-66235242 Back to Top